Got my first Saiga 12, came with a bonus.

Last week I was trying to decide between a new one from the site sponser that had a few for $569 and a used one from a large chain sporting store that had one in another state for $499 with 4 mags. When I called the shop I was told it was a stock Saiga 12 in 95% condition with 4 aftermarket mags but no stock mag. I decided to go that route so I could do a FTF deal after they ship it to my local store. I went to pick it up today and was shocked when they pulled it out of the shipping box, It was converted already. It has 4 AGP mags, 1 stock mag, Tapco trigger assy, Ace folding stock ect. and its a 2007 per serial #. I will tear into it tomorrow and hopefully shoot it. I will post a better pic as well just a little excited about what I got for my money.

2011-10-28190154.jpg

Edited by WI_Dave
  • Like 1

Hopefully they didn't make a mistake and send you some unlucky souls converted Saiga 12 that they had on consignment rather than a used factory S12 sitting next to it. Either way, great find!

Price tag that was on it had this serial number on it. "Supposedly" it was the only Saiga 12 the whole chain had in stock, (Cabelas) though they had a few 308's. I do hope nobody got screwed that way, but if not I have to assume they paid even less to whoever traded it in.

I had that bed spread back in the day.

Same here

Me too. Somewhere around 2000-2003...

Oh- and Dave, looks like you got a heck of a deal.

big_smile.gif

I spent almost $800 on mine back in late spring. I have a feeling prices either have stabilized or will remain low since the BATF is dealing with a lot of bad press and is stuck in "damage control" versus "take your rights" mode.

Edited by Vulcan
  • Like 1

Thanks guys!

I disassembled her this morning. The hammer and puck have no markings on them, should I assume they are factory? Its kinda weird to me that the pg and trigger assy are all tapco but hammer has no markings. Also it has 4 gas ports. If the hammer and puck are stock I will have to order some stuff today to be compliant I believe ( I want to change puck and muzzle end anyhow) Now to find somewhere today that will let me dump a few mags quick without kicking me out. 011.gif I will be trying the cheap federal bulk.

Shit man, that is a wicked hustle.

BTW, from what I can see, your gun is compliant, if you're using the agp mags. 3 parts on the mags, 1 part on the pistol grip, 1 part on the stock, and at least one part on the fcg, although i'd be willing to bet the whole fcg is tapco, unless someone didn't want to profile the tapco hammer, and just reused the original hammer.

Wouldn't be surprised if they reused the original hammer. I did that for a short period of time when I first converted mine. I was initially too lazy to make the necessary modification to the Tapco trigger and just tossed the original back in. It didn't stay that way for long as the trigger pull was RIDICULOUSLY light, almost to the point of being a safety hazzard.

Just went and shot some clays. I took 2 guns and about 50 rounds of 3 year old cheap winchester bulk I had laying around and a brand new 100 pack of Federal. Ran about 80-85 rounds thru the Saiga using both types of shells and it ran it flawlessly. No fast dumps but 2-3 shot bursts. I wasn't hitting much but I kinda wanted to miss so I could take more follow-up shots. My Weatherby 82 had 2 fte's with the winchester shells but ran trouble free with the Federal. Only ran about 30 rounds thru it total, it was more fun shooting the Saiga. So far my impression is this gun could run ammo my other semi auto could not, I am very happy.

Picked up a pro mag drum and had to go try her out. Dumped it twice, this video is the second one cause phone didnt record first one properly, Zero problems out of the gun so far.

I know I'm not very fast on the trigger yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ0frVHJF40&feature=feedu

Edited by WI_Dave

Dude, that is a steal !!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously nice score. And you dumped the Promag plenty fast enough to take care of any Zombies that you might need to dispatch. They seriously need a properly converted and reliability modded Saiga 12 on AMC's The Walking Dead"!!!!!!!!!!

nice, and i mean nice deal (STEAL).....that to me sir sounds like a sore D***, you can't beat it

What is it with people and Benellis anyway? I had an opportunity to shoot two of them on two seperate occasions, an M4 and the other I don't recall the model. Both recoiled really hard and really weren't anything to write home about.

your on crack- ....recoiled hard? did u ever consider what loads you/they were running?

What is it with people and Benellis anyway? I had an opportunity to shoot two of them on two seperate occasions, an M4 and the other I don't recall the model. Both recoiled really hard and really weren't anything to write home about.

You ever shot a SBE (super black eagle)...? ya might change your mind after one of them