who has used TimberSmith wood stock sets

I am just getting ideas for my conversion. It may be a couple months away but it doesn't cost to plan. Anyway I was wondering who has used the TimberSmith stock sets? I kinda like the red but was wondering how the fit and finish was on the wood. Any problems or was it pretty straight forward?

Two of my buddies on here, viafinatic and itsallcreated I believe have sets of timbersmith on theirs and they look great. I dont remember them mentioning haveing any problems with it. But as far as used sets forsale, I cant help you. I know markw1 sells some old take off wood in the wts section that is in good shape. Other than that maybe try CSS

Hey thanks for the help. I was thinking of a new set but was wondering how well they fit. Kinda leaning, as of now, toward the wood stock set. I think I need a gas tube and some hardward for the forearm. I was wondering if anyone sold these as a conversion package. Haven't found one yet,

I have the red set. Fit is good and finish is good. The pistol grip really doesn;t too well but face it, I bought it for looks. I took it in to the gun store and they all fell in love and had 2 offers to buy it. If you like it in teh pictures, you will like it in person.

i have it also on my saiga my only real complaint is that there kinda shaped funny like the bottm of the stock and the lower handguard look a lil bubbly, the red one seems to have goten it right but they work great and the finsh is perty cool

post-22811-0-71849300-1320371027_thumb.jpg

Edited by berma051

I bought the natural timbersmith set and used the upper and lower fore grips on my rifle, i made my own stock and pistol grip out of cherry(counts as USA parts right? haha) and wanted something i could stain the same color as the stock and pistol grip.(making the foregrip from a piece of firewood was a bit out of my skill set) The fit was a little loose on the bottom hand guard so i bought the steel spring clip that keeps it from moving and problem solved. Got everything from Carolina shooter supply they are the best. Personally i did not like the feel of the pistol grip actually the birch wood that the whole kit is made from is a little on the soft side but after a couple coats of finish it seems pretty durable. All in all its pretty expensive wood, If i could have found a surplus set at a reasonable price at the time i would of went with that especially since i was only going to use the forgrip. Also I am not so pleased with the sling plate on the wood stock. The sling swivel plate just has a very shallow recessed space for it but on the plastic tapco stock that the timbersmith mimics the sling plate is on a raised platform that allows the sling swivel to lay flat... Just a thought.

• 3 months later...

Thanks guys. Sorry for not getting back sooner. For some reason I am not getting notices of replys to my topics. Still on the fence with the stocks. I have a hard time spending the 50 bucks for the lower retainer. LOL Just cheap I guess.

I had the brown set on a saiga i ordered from atlantic. the bottom handgaurd came crazy loose after its first trip to the range and about 200 rounds through it. ive posted this here a week or 2 ago and even a video that shows it. other than that i like it and hope it was a fluke.