sling swivels

i have a stock saiga and i dont like the sling swivels that come with it is there normal swivels i can put in there or am i stuck with them till i get a different stock for it, also i want to put a pistol grip on the stock it came with is that possible or again do i have to get a different stock

You can put regular sling swivels on it. I have done that on both of mine. Just buy replacement swivels that are threaded for use with a nut instead of the ones threaded for use with wood stocks. If you have a local gun shop they may have them in stock or you can just get them on line. Depending on the length you find you may have to cut it done to work with the factory hand guard. If it sticks up too high on the inside you won't be able to get the hand guard back on. I bought one on ebay a while back that were stainless steel for around $6.00 shipped and had to cut it down. Buying local would be best so you check the length of the screw if you don't want to mess with cutting the screw down.

You can put regular sling swivels on it. I have done that on both of mine. Just buy replacement swivels that are threaded for use with a nut instead of the ones threaded for use with wood stocks. If you have a local gun shop they may have them in stock or you can just get them on line. Depending on the length you find you may have to cut it done to work with the factory hand guard. If it sticks up too high on the inside you won't be able to get the hand guard back on. I bought one on ebay a while back that were stainless steel for around $6.00 shipped and had to cut it down. Buying local would be best so you check the length of the screw if you don't want to mess with cutting the screw down.

If your have a link for these, l-r-d, I'd appreciate it. Looked for them in the Midway gunsmithing catalog and what I found was quite pricey....probably meant for the la-de-da custom African rifle crowd.

I've got more than one Saiga to outfit with these studs and don't want to spend $50-$70 a crack to do it.

Thanks.

Here are couple of links to sellers on ebay that are cheap.

Double check to see if the 3/8" length is long enough though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncle-Mikes-Swivel-Screw-Machine-Stud-3-8-inch-NKL-/220865928554?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336ca29d6a

This link is for a longer swivel stud like I used and cut down.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SLING-SWIVEL-STUD-BLACK-/300577737829?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fbd44c65

i think im going to keep everything stock on this one was wondering what type of sling should i use with the stock swivels

I prefer the SKS style slings that have the little leather tabs on each end. Keeps away the klackety-klack of the slings that have metal connection points.

Mountain State Supply sells a couple "universal" leather slings in 1" and 7/8" widths. If either of those would fit the swivel, then that could be an option. Don't undersell the tab slings Jim mentioned. They're of excellent quality and look right at home on a working gun.

Edited by DrThunder88