Should've listened about Classic Arms...

But I do wish I would have done the conversion myself. I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, and I'm sure if I'd taken my time, I'd have done a better job.

Now, all that matters is you have a S12. If there is a next time, do it yourself. My mini Schnauzer can do the conversion, that's how easy it is.Have fun blasting random household items,

• Like 2

No, I definitely didn't know it was going to be removed. Whenever I talked to them about specifics, such as how old the guns are, number of gasports etc., they didn't have any details.

You probably would have done a better job. The BHO is controversial some say take it out and throw it away b/c it has been known to cause issues by popping up inside the receiver. This issue can be all but eliminated though with a little work. Myself I like it and I think you payed for it you should have got the BHO, kinda shitty they took it out. Did you know before it would come without it?? If not I would be asking for my damned BHO.

No, I definitely didn't know it was going to be removed. Whenever I talked to them about specifics, such as how old the guns are, number of gasports etc., they didn't have any details.

You probably would have done a better job. The BHO is controversial some say take it out and throw it away b/c it has been known to cause issues by popping up inside the receiver. This issue can be all but eliminated though with a little work. Myself I like it and I think you payed for it you should have got the BHO, kinda shitty they took it out. Did you know before it would come without it?? If not I would be asking for my damned BHO.

Very few gun dealers would know the specifics on each weapon they carry.

Well they should or they should find out the specifics the customer wants to know and get back to them.

Either way his gun is missing a part, they should contact whoever converted it for them and get this man his BHO. At least thats what I would want done and seems like the right thing to do.

Well they should or they should find out the specifics the customer wants to know and get back to them.

Either way his gun is missing a part, they should contact whoever converted it for them and get this man his BHO. At least thats what I would want done and seems like the right thing to do.

Does Classic Arms advertise their Saiga12's with a BHO?They have great price, and as with any business that gives good deals, sometimes some corners are cut. Modding a BHO, and hammer for the S12 is a pain in the ass, and takes time which cost money.

I'm sure if he contacts Classic, they will be glad to send him one.

Plus, who on here would sell one of their basic conversions for the price that Classic sells one for?

Edited by Jetmech

Is the hole still there or is it filled in with weld of some kind?

The BHO hole is still there. I'm gonna call them and ask for the BHO and spring. I may not use it. But I'd like the option. I just ordered some parts from CSS today. The stock is a Warsaw length Tapco, which is just too small for me. I ordered the KVar NATO stock. That should help considerably. :)

Oh look! An entire thread of apologists who can't read.

Ahem:

They say yes, the guns are in stock, ready to go. I submit my order about 3 minutes later. (I'd already had my FFL fax his license.) I call about 5 minutes later to verify they received the order. "Yes sir, we got it. It will go out tomorrow."

THIS IS WHAT HE IS COMPLAINING ABOUT. I'm sure he doesn't give a shit if you have a "great dealing with them".

That doesn't excuse the fact that they lied to him. And yes, if what he said is true, they lied.

Oh look! An entire thread of apologists who can't read.

Ahem:

They say yes, the guns are in stock, ready to go. I submit my order about 3 minutes later. (I'd already had my FFL fax his license.) I call about 5 minutes later to verify they received the order. "Yes sir, we got it. It will go out tomorrow."

THIS IS WHAT HE IS COMPLAINING ABOUT. I'm sure he doesn't give a shit if you have a "great dealing with them".

That doesn't excuse the fact that they lied to him. And yes, if what he said is true, they lied.

You are being a total asshat boomdick.

I have called Classic on many items and have been told up front they were out of stock.

The information the sales help may have had in front of her may not have been up to date, but most of us here would seriously doubt that she lied just to get a sale.

Give them the benefit of the doubt.

What's wrong with Classic Arms? A bunch of great guys to deal with. I see them at all the gun shows and they've always done me right.

They do not follow written and verbal instruction. Ordered a Draco.... Me: "Please, no canted sights and no rust (short version)". Received it, severely canted sights, front and rear, warped receiver, and rust. Sent it back. Changed order to Romanian underfolder because they have no more Dracos. Sent in MO and specified in writing "No canted.... rust.... warped.... etc.". Called and spoke at length about unwanted issues, how to spot them, please just take my money and I'll wait until you receive another shipment for a decent AK, if need be, etc.". Was assured that owner would personally check and have his in-house ginsmith check too before shipping. FUCK!!!! Received weapon #2, severely canted front sight and rust. Again, called.Me: "Are you sure you understand what I am saying and writing?". Was assured that it would not happen again. Romanian underfolder #2 (weapon #3), received it.... ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? .... canted front and rear, rust nearly everywhere, missing pin in front sight. FUCKING PISSED, BY NOW!!!!! Called.... "Oh, we are sorry, blah , blah, blah?". OK, nevermind for now. Me: "May I have a couple of days to decide what I would like to do?" Them: "Sure, just let us know how we can make it right". In my mind, I'm thinking "What the fuck? Are you joking? I have been letting you know for nearly 3 months what to do to make me happy, in writing and verbally." Then it dawned on me. I tear these Saiga 12s apart when I get them anyways. Yeah, send me a Saiga 12, make sure it doesn't run, and has canted sights, and rust is fine too. He laughs, but I was serious. Sent off a MO, recieved a fine looking Saiga 12 with the usual canted sight and tore it apart. after all of the bullshit, I receive something that is acceptable 3 months after placing my original order! I called, let them know that all was GTG. I was asked if I would buy there again. I said that it would require deep consideration and would depend on what I was looking for. Unless they have Saiga 12s for cheap, never again! I will do without....

Very nice people. However, they are absolutely, glaringly, and blatantly incompetent when it comes to modern firearms and following written and verbal instructions. Better to be honest and say that they do not understand and cancel the order or issue a refund instead of claiming to "get it" and continue to fail miserably multiple times. I would be willing to bet that they never looked in the fucking boxes before shipping any of the weapons. Someone's ass would be fired if I was the owner of that business. Your employee's performance is your name and reputation.... choose wisely and know when to fire or move people who do not perform.

What's wrong with Classic Arms? A bunch of great guys to deal with. I see them at all the gun shows and they've always done me right.

Gun show = YOU can check the firearm. I didn't have that liberty.... would have saved a lot of time.

Wow I guess I struck a nerve! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Dude seriously.... you don't really believe that an online company that does the huge volume of business they do, really has time to hold your hand like that do ya? If I want to buy a gun that I already know most of them out there are total pieces of shit, I'm personally not going to order one online and expect someone else to search the world over to find me one that isn't. I'd rather go somewhere I can see them in person and pick one up. That's about like asking a dealer to make sure you get an S-12 that has a perfectly functioning gas system. You don't REALLY think they need your business enough to go opening up boxes and boxes of them, then take them all to the range and see which one out of ten might make it through a whole box of low brass with no jambs do ya? LOL

Being competent has nothing to do with it man. They are competent.

• Like 1

I asked them if they could do it via phone before the first MO and written request was ever mailed out. Trust me, with all of the Dracos out there with severly canted sights, I was very clear and adamant about it. They said they could do it. There was no "think". No nerve struck, just saying.... maybe they should stick to those Mausers and Nagants that they are always selling and not agree to requests that they cannot fulfill, lol !!!!

In my industry, if I can't or don't want to build/do it because it won't work, doesn't fit their budget, don't want my name on it, is a waste of time, or it is a stupid idea (sometimes all of these, lol), I say so and refer them to my competitors. Simple and professional.

Wow I guess I struck a nerve! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Dude seriously.... you don't really believe that an online company that does the huge volume of business they do, really has time to hold your hand like that do ya? If I want to buy a gun that I already know most of them out there are total pieces of shit, I'm personally not going to order one online and expect someone else to search the world over to find me one that isn't. I'd rather go somewhere I can see them in person and pick one up. That's about like asking a dealer to make sure you get an S-12 that has a perfectly functioning gas system. You don't REALLY think they need your business enough to go opening up boxes and boxes of them, then take them all to the range and see which one out of ten might make it through a whole box of low brass with no jambs do ya? LOL

Being competent has nothing to do with it man. They are competent.