5.45 BG does nothing

+1 on the Tapco G2. My first experience with the Tapco trigger was on a Romanian WASR I bought as a knock around gun. It was the best trigger of any of my kalashnikovs at the time. My Arsenal SGL-31 is the last remaining AK that does not wear this popular trigger group. For the record I like the Tapco G2 better than the Arsenal trigger. And I installed a Dinzag BG on my converted Saiga 5.45x39 before I ever fired it. My Arsenal SGL-31 came with a BG and I believe the russian military installs them on their military issue weapons so there must be a reason for it. Still, many Saiga 5.45x39 owners say their converted units work fine without one. I wish I had tested mine prior to installing the BG just out of curiosity's sake.

if you look closely at the FCG, you may be able to tell where the carrier is hitting it during the movement. this is your problem area. you could polish that area down and cause less drag. this could be the end of your issue. it may be hitting in more than one spot too.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a number of Siaga rifles; a handfull in both 7.62X39 and .223., as well as a couple of .308, but have not yet purchased the Siaga in 5.45X39. Have only had one of my 7.62X39 rifles converted to pistol grip configuration. That rifle does not have a bullet guide. I do however have two Hungarian SA-85 parts kits, that have the chamber ends of the barrels with factory cut outs for the bullet to avoid hitting the chamber end of the barrel while chambering the round and allow the bullet to enter the chamber more easily. The cut outs resemble what one would encounter if one took a very fine dremel rotary cutting head and dremeled out a cut in the chamber end - one of the cuts is fairly shallow and one is actually quite deep. I would think that a similar cut out would work in the intended manner with the 5.45X39 round, especially if one has identified the strike point for the bullet nose on the chamber end. Said cut out out would likely work in the presence of a bullet guide, and for those rifles with BG not yet installed. When I do obtain a Siaga in 5.45X39 I will do that very thing using the Hungarian rifles as a pattern, and see what happens. Will let everyone know how it turns out also, as I would test the rifle with out a BG first, run it a little, and then have a BG put in and see how it performed.

• 2 weeks later...