Vepr 12 coming to the USA?

That is a nice-looking gun, Sergii.

Any estimate on the price point?

In Russia, the prices are as follows:

The cheapest Saiga-12 (as in the U.S.) - $ 650 These are not popular in Russia, no one is buying.

Normal Saiga-12 is - $ 700-1300. The price depends on the model of weapon.

Vepr-12 - $ 930-1100

What are the prices at Vepr-12 will be in the U.S. do not know.

• Like 3

I want one so bad that my balls hurt!!!!!!!!! That is one sweet weapon!!!!

So if it's around $1100.00 +/- a few $$$$, and you can get mags for it (by the time they start selling the shotgun), I am so in for one!!!!!!!

What are the current mag capacity choices in Russia?

I understand the RPK receivers are made for the heavier barrels, but what good is that for a Shotgun?

When you say better manufacture can you explain more? Are you saying they have better quality control then the Saigas? I think if they are making them for a commercial market her in the US that level of care might diminish.

With the different gas system, is there any issues with using the cheap loads people love to run in there Saiga 12s?

Higher quality machining, assembly, painting.

The quality and the same for Russia and the United States.

Vepr-12 with a barrel length of 430mm is guaranteed to shoot 32 gram charges. With the barrel 520-680mm - guaranteed to shoot charge of 28 grams.

In Russia, the IPSC Vepr-12 replaces the Saiga-12. Most of the shoots of Vepr.

So if it's around $1100.00 +/- a few $$$$, and you can get mags for it (by the time they start selling the shotgun), I am so in for one!!!!!

This is the price in Russia. What price will Vepr in the U.S. i do not know. In the U.S., will be a little gun "castrated."

What are the current mag capacity choices in Russia?

Mag 8x - $ 43-45

Mag 4x - $ 50

I want one so bad that my balls hurt!!!!!!!!! That is one sweet weapon!!!!

smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Move to live in Russia. Buy yourself Vepr-12

:D :D :D

Edited by Sergii
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Mag 8x - $ 43-45

Mag 4x - $ 50

How come the 8rounders are cheaper than the 4 rounders

Molot Mag 4x as well as Mag 2x are made from Molots Mag 8x by simply cutting off some "extra" light, so buyer should pay for hand made extra charge ;). For Molot It's cheaper to "cut off" then make special press-form for 4x & 2x Mags, not is a great demand mentioned by Sergii.

Molot Mag 4x as well as Mag 2x are made from Molots Mag 8x by simply cutting off some "extra" light, so buyer should pay for hand made extra charge wink.png. For Molot It's cheaper to "cut off" then make special press-form for 4x & 2x Mags, not is a great demand mentioned by Sergii.

Gotcha, thanks 032.gif

Lots of talk about how good the VEPR is, but has anyone shot one ?

A friend of mine and his son, both have a Saiga 12 and VEPR, and have to say the VEPR are a real heavy gun, with much more recoil than the Saiga.

Better made, maybe, but one of the VEPR's they own is back in Germany where it was supplied, because of FTE.

I will stick with my S12.

A friend of mine and his son, both have a Saiga 12 and VEPR, and have to say the VEPR are a real heavy gun, with much more recoil than the Saiga.

Better made, maybe, but one of the VEPR's they own is back in Germany where it was supplied, because of FTE.

" Lots of talk about how good the VEPR is, but has anyone shot one ?"

I have two Vepr-12. My friends have a Saiga-12. I have the opportunity to compare these two rifles.

"A friend of mine and his son, both have a Saiga 12 and VEPR, and have to say the VEPR are a real heavy gun, with much more recoil than the Saiga."

How can the recoil to be more, if the weight of a gun anymore???

"Thought you might like to see the guns"

On the left side is Vepr-12. Why he has such a long barrel?

Muzzle brake is installed incorrectly.

Vepr-12 purchased from Dirk Frey? http://www.planet-of-gun.de/

I have two Vepr-12. My friends have a Saiga-12. I have the opportunity to compare these two rifles.

"A friend of mine and his son, both have a Saiga 12 and VEPR, and have to say the VEPR are a real heavy gun, with much more recoil than the Saiga."

Sorry Sergii but this Maxrounds Muzzle brake installed corectly, as recommended by Maxround!

Anyway, Vepr-12 VPO205-02 on the picture doesn't have thread in the barrel originally (it has internal thread & it's interesting how they fix Maxround brake to this barrel) plus Maxround isn't an effective Muzzle brake either.

Pic from Maxround

muzzle-brake-mr012.jpg

Sorry Sergii but this Maxrounds Muzzle brake installed corectly, as recommended by Maxround!

Anyway, Vepr-12 VPO205-02 on the picture doesn't have thread in the barrel originally (it has internal thread & it's interesting how they fix Maxround brake to this barrel) plus Maxround isn't an effective Muzzle brake either.

Pic from Maxround

muzzle-brake-mr012.jpg

Look at the window size and configuration.

To compare. Photo from official site Maxround.

powermag700-06.jpg

In general, you're right. At the Vepr-12 is set so that's a muzzle brake.

And it really is installed correctly:

kompensator%20molot%2012%20saiga%2012%20flinte%203.jpg

But the photo of the site Dirk Frey. Muzzle brake is installed on the other:

molot%20vepr%2012%20ipsc.jpg

In general, this muzzle brake does not reduce the recoil. The gases are directed along a different path.

• Like 1

I want the MOLOT, but if they slant cut the back of the frame like in some of the pictures, I will not buy it. I want to be able to put a folding stock on it.

It will not be a problem.

post-21226-0-57167700-1321778821.png

Edited by SCHULTZE
  • Like 1
  • 7 months later...

So....does that muzzle break work or what? If it does I want one seeing as I only have one arm...I need all the help I can get lol. I went to the site but when I went to buy it I couldn't check out...or at least didn't see a way to once it was in the shopping cart and I picked the shipping time. After that...nothing. Answers?

So....does that muzzle break work or what? If it does I want one seeing as I only have one arm...I need all the help I can get lol. I went to the site but when I went to buy it I couldn't check out...or at least didn't see a way to once it was in the shopping cart and I picked the shipping time. After that...nothing. Answers?

You see them come up for sale on the ak forum from time to time.

Maxround drum? Is the Promag drum or MD Arms drum not available in Europe?

Only if one of us ship it to them. MD Arms and others dont export to drums to people across the water.

Edited by madmax4x4