Sign in to follow this  
btr

Vepr 12 coming to the USA?

I hope this is true. I like how they talk about it not coming with the evil picatinny rail on the gas block.. give me a brake!!

I talked to one of the leaders of the plant.

Here is a picture in my hands Vepr. Almost as will be available in the U.S.

95074929.jpg

Edited by Sergii
  • Like 3

I hope this is true. I like how they talk about it not coming with the evil picatinny rail on the gas block.. give me a brake!!

Dont forget kvar currently has a couple of useless Ver 030 gas blocks w/ picatinny rail, sitting in their inventory. Now they might have a purpose.

I will be buying a GB soon before they are gone. And I can't wait for the VEPR 12 to come in I just got 2 VEPR 12 magwell mags a friend brought back from russia with him I was going to magwell one of my saiga's but I will wait for a VEPR.

• Like 1

I am not up completely on these. Are the Saiga mags at all compatable even if they require some work or are we again looking at a wait for someone to make them. Then again the whole 922 issue is involved isnt it?

Nope, they said they won't be coming with a brake either! Give me a break! lol big_smile.gif

I talked to one of the leaders of the plant.

Here is a picture in my hands Vepr. Almost as will be available in the U.S.

95074929.jpg

Im in for one.

shame,....they'll have to neuter that gun to sell in it NY,....or not sell it at all. I need to move!

as it looks in the pic at the factory that will be legal in nys.no folding stock,no pistol grip.same featurers as sagia 12.

shame,....they'll have to neuter that gun to sell in it NY,....or not sell it at all. I need to move!

as it looks in the pic at the factory that will be legal in nys.no folding stock,no pistol grip.same featurers as sagia 12.

I shall hope your right. The whole "conspicuously beneath the action" language we got here does not give me much faith.

No problem. We've got some picatinny rail building motherfuckers among us who will come up with a retrofit better than the original or maybe even to closely resemble the original if thats what somebody wants. No worries there, just get the guns here.

I am not up completely on these. Are the Saiga mags at all compatable even if they require some work or are we again looking at a wait for someone to make them. Then again the whole 922 issue is involved isnt it?

I have no problem using any mags in my Russian magwell once i have filed the front lip smooth

id imagine they would be the same

I have no problem using any mags in my Russian magwell once i have filed the front lip smooth

id imagine they would be the same

The problem with that, per Tony Rumore, is that the mags can and will fall out while shooting Magnum loads.

So as far as I'm concerned, it's factory magwell mags all the way. Very robust.

• Like 1

What is different between a Vepr and Saiga?

Saiga = AK

Vepr = RPK (Kalashnikov machine gun)

Differences Vepr:

Better quality of manufacture.

More weight (receiver of thicker metal)

Small differences in internal construction.

No gas regulator.

Picatinny rails (in the U.S. will not)

The top cover on a hinge.

ps kit from the AK / Saiga on Vepr not installed.

pps Vepr better than Saiga.

• Like 1

What is different between a Vepr and Saiga?

Saiga = AK

Vepr = RPK (Kalashnikov machine gun)

Differences Vepr:

Better quality of manufacture.

More weight (receiver of thicker metal)

Small differences in internal construction.

No gas regulator.

Picatinny rails (in the U.S. will not)

The top cover on a hinge.

ps kit from the AK / Saiga on Vepr not installed.

pps Vepr better than Saiga.

AGREED!

Does anyone know if the bolts are interchangeable?

AGREED!

Does anyone know if the bolts are interchangeable?

Saiga-12 vs Vepr-12?

Bolt - yes.

Bolt carrier - no.

I don't think sagas are terribly heavy but when you throw quad rails and such on them they become less fun to lug around. Being that the vepr has thicker walls, is it enough weight to notice? Any specs on weight difference?

I don't think sagas are terribly heavy but when you throw quad rails and such on them they become less fun to lug around. Being that the vepr has thicker walls, is it enough weight to notice? Any specs on weight difference?

Saiga-12 - 3.5-3.8 kg. depends on the configuration.

Vepr-12 - 3.9 kg

• Like 1

Saiga-12 - 3.5-3.8 kg. depends on the configuration.

Vepr-12 - 3.9 kg

you are the man Sergii!! Where you getting all this raw data? cool.png

OMFG!!!

Come to daddy baby

...come to daddy!

I know, I am so excited about this. It is one of two guns I would just buy and beg forgiveness for. (The other is the Beretta ARX 160).

I understand the RPK receivers are made for the heavier barrels, but what good is that for a Shotgun?

When you say better manufacture can you explain more? Are you saying they have better quality control then the Saigas? I think if they are making them for a commercial market her in the US that level of care might diminish.

With the different gas system, is there any issues with using the cheap loads people love to run in there Saiga 12s?

This reminds me of the "I just ordered a saiga 12 030 in the USA!!!!" hope it happens quick for you guys than it is for us.

• Like 2