AR Buffer Tubes on Saiga 12

Not so sure this is the right place to post this but seemed appropriate.

First off, I don't own an AR and might not in my lifetime, so don't hang me for a dumb question.

I'm planning on trying the GL-Shock stock by MAKO Group on My SG-12; I have the tang cut off, with the block and pignose all ready. I have a ATI mil-version buffer tube and assembly ( Springs and buffer thingy). Since I don't have any place for the spring to go like a typical AR has in the back is there any real advantage for me to instal the tube with the spring and buffer in it, or should I just install the empty buffer tube and part out the rest?

Do you guys with AR buffer assemblies on your Saigas run them with the buffer and spring?

Seems like the small buffer could have some effect in dampening recoil, but I'm guessing it would hardly be noticable, maybe I'm mistaken.

In anticipation of those who are going to say "why are you trying to tame the light recoil"- man up, something about testicles and body hair, etc.. This is more about staying on target during rapid fire with those 3" shells, than reducing impact to my fragile little form. I'm plenty proficient with a shotgun, just doesn't hurt to gain some speed or control ( Lets not turn this into what you're capable of, or how far you can piss) I'd also like to let my Girlfriend or son shoot the thing comfortably

Thanks in advance for any informative feedback

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think adding the spring and buffer would give any advantages. Seems to me like the end result would just be the shooter getting that annoying TWANG from the spring jostling around in there without any positives like recoil reduction. Doesn't seem like it would affect anything since the buffer assembly has nothing to push against when the gun cycles, I'd just sell the guts and use the tube and use the money for an extended recoil pad if the stock of your choice accepts them.

I don't think anyone runs AR springs and buffers on any AK type weapon, just AR Receiver Extensions which everyone likes to call a "buffer tube" so they can add a Carbine stock to adjust LOP. Why would you need the spring and buffer? It wouldn't function in any way in an AK.

Edited by MT Predator

Why would you need the spring and buffer?

Maybe he thinks it might function like a Mercury Recoil Reducer or some such product?

Yeah, I thought the buffer piece itself had some reduction charatoristics, and the spring would just hold it in place.

Glad the conclusion seems to be leave it out, cause last night I put everything on and left the spring and buffer out.

After I take it to the range, I'll have give it a review.

Thanks everyone for input

I think he is specifically referring to actual AR15 parts Sergii. Curious about what you have going on there though.

Sorry for not very good quality video.

Buffer with a spring stop bolt carrier. The original buffer Vepr VPO-206. The spring is adjusted for used cartridges.

OOOHHH I see, that guy is using the buffer spring in the AR tube instead of those lil plastic gasket things some people put behind the guts to keep the bolt carrier from slamming the reciever as hard...right??

Yes, you understood correctly. Plastic gasket set can not be there. From her many problems.

I shoot a lot, I need to live long guns.

Vepr-12 (in this photo) has not been a buffer, without the problems produced 20 000 shots. Depreciation was not entirely critical. I think with this buffer will be even longer.

Sergii, I've thought about doing something like that with a small fluid dampener. That looks pretty cool. Did you make that, or is that a part that you can go buy in a store?

Hydro buffer will not work. He will not return to its place in rapid fire.

These parts of the store can not buy. On my shotgun buffer made ​​factory Molot. The design of the original Vsevolod Ilyin & Molot.