The Tapco trigger is what I have in two of three AKMs; profiled and polished its a good trigger. The only others I hear people using and liking are the RSA adjustable triggers.

The trigger unit on my SGL-31 isn't a tapco, don't know what it is, but it has a raised portion on the hammer area that reciprocates with the trigger, this gives it a defined 2nd stage, I don't really find it better personally, but some might, seems like one could easily modify a tapco to have the step for the 2nd stage

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Tapco G2 and I don't have a great amount of experiences with different firearms triggers, but I've fired around 500 rounds with it now and I still have the not so occasional round that I send off early because te trigger is so light and I was used to a heavier trigger.

I have a Tapco G2 and I don't have a great amount of experiences with different firearms triggers, but I've fired around 500 rounds with it now and I still have the not so occasional round that I send off early because te trigger is so light and I was used to a heavier trigger.

That's one reason I switched to the RSA trigger. The other was that the Tapco trigger is prone to accidental bumpfire.