IZH-9x19 (vityaz saiga?) Let it be for import!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right now we have 2 seperate design teams working on this project & we will see what they come up with . Hope to know more towards the end of June we need to make sure the project is finiacially f

Was reading the news on Izhmash web page. Seems they are going to show (or have) a 9x19 export rifle patterned after the vityaz-sn.   A 9x19 vitz in the US would sell out on the first day for sure.

Posted Images

In America, Saigas are going for about $400 for rifles. $650 for shotguns. Veprs are $600-$1000 for rifles depending on caliber. $1000 for shotguns.

I like the 9mm cartridge. I built an AR-15 pistol in 9mm and I own 9mm handguns. I'm also a fan of .45 ACP caliber. But I don't see that one coming in Saiga or Vepr carbine. Lol!

In Russia, companies that manufacture firearms have no competition so they can charge what they want in Russia. Correct?

In America, Saigas are going for about $400 for rifles. $650 for shotguns. Veprs are $600-$1000 for rifles depending on caliber. $1000 for shotguns.

I like the 9mm cartridge. I built an AR-15 pistol in 9mm and I own 9mm handguns. I'm also a fan of .45 ACP caliber. But I don't see that one coming in Saiga or Vepr carbine. Lol!

In Russia, companies that manufacture firearms have no competition so they can charge what they want in Russia. Correct?

yes, you are right.

About .45, maybe in future they build something in 45, saiga-9x19 is the first rifle that will be selling in Russian in pistol callibers.

Company said that they first try to sell them in russian and after that they will think about export. It will be gun show in moscow on friday, i will ask them about export once again.

Which model? Maybe Arsenal or Legion will bring them in.

Edited by dayofruin

Company said that they first try to sell them in russian and after that they will think about export. It will be gun show in moscow on friday, i will ask them about export once again.

Which model? Maybe Arsenal or Legion will bring them in.

or RWC

What kind of gun show is this? Like shot show? Or like our gun gun shows with vendors?

khm.... "gun gun shows with vendors" i think, no shoting at all unhappy.gif in the center of moscow greedy.gif

Company IZMASH.

as for me, i'm waiting for Vityaz

Maybe i didn't say, Vityaz bolt is free like in submachine guns, Vepr-9x19 as i know is gas-operated.

Edited by Z_Felix

What Mags are you using? Pics?

Sorry, but I think I better wait on showing or sharing information about this weapon. It's something I've been designing/testing/making for Will for the last 2 years and I don't think he would want me giving out the details.

Sorry, but I think I better wait on showing or sharing information about this weapon. It's something I've been designing/testing/making for Will for the last 2 years and I don't think he would want me giving out the details.

Hopefully testing goes well!

Shot show is a big gun show that licensed dealers and manufacturers only (I think) can go to. Manufacturers can display and debut products that will be hitting the market soon.

I'd prefer the Vityaz blow back operated as well!!

industry trade show....no?

hey felix, tell em to call it a shotgun, sell it with a smooth bore and an extra rifled barrel (in US, not russia, you guys cant have extra parts, right) and the idiots at ATF cant ban their import!!!

Maybe i didn't say, Vityaz bolt is free like in submachine guns, Vepr-9x19 as i know is gas-operated.

Just to clarify, are you saying that the Vityaz fires from an open bolt? I hope thats not the case because then it could not be imported.

Or are you just saying that it is blowback-operated, and fires from a closed-bolt? Important distinction.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out my new Avitar. It didn't come from Russia either.

Check out my new Avitar. It didn't come from Russia either.

Haha!!! Sweet!!! Details soon?