IZH-9x19 (vityaz saiga?) Let it be for import!

What Mags are you using? Pics?

Sorry, but I think I better wait on showing or sharing information about this weapon. It's something I've been designing/testing/making for Will for the last 2 years and I don't think he would want me giving out the details.

Hopefully testing goes well!

Check out my new Avitar. It didn't come from Russia either.

Haha!!! Sweet!!! Details soon?

Details? Well, not much to say. It's a lot of fun and it sure gets more than it's fare share of attention at the range.

It's almost the exact same size as my MP5, but I'm starting to think it's a better weapon platform.

I've shot the hell out of MP5's over the years, but to be honest. When an MP5 becomes dirty, your done.

This weapon works just was well dirty as it does clean. I have a couple of parts to finish, etch receiver, park or paint it, test it again and then ship it off.

After that, it's out of my hands. It will either pass inspection, or it won't.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right now we have 2 seperate design teams working on this project & we will see what they come up with . Hope to know more towards the end of June we need to make sure the project is finiacially f

Was reading the news on Izhmash web page. Seems they are going to show (or have) a 9x19 export rifle patterned after the vityaz-sn.   A 9x19 vitz in the US would sell out on the first day for sure.

Posted Images

Is there the possibility of a conversion kit? Maybe barrel, bolt, mag well?

What kind of mags do you have it set up for?

Since the saiga 9 may not make it into the country, I was thinking a conversion kit may work with an existing rifle or maybe a build on something like a Nodak 100 series receiver.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to see this topic is still running strong. I just saw a Saiga-9 on another website and made me think of this old post.

Still would like to see the saiga 9 imported like the standard import saiga. I would love to do a conversion on it.

I saw the VEPR as well. Kinda silly magazine design IMPO. Maybe a vityaz magazine conversion would be cool for one. Either way we need a 9mm AK imported to the US.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

As the say they second version would be in 9x21(not russian) for countries were 9x19 is illegal for civilians.

But you should know that IZMASH now is near bankruptcy, putin's mafia is killing it by ineffective management, also it's an old factory that was made to meet huge army needs. In modern world you do not need 5 or 10 thousand people production company to make assault rifles.

i'm from Russia, i don't know who will import them. A lot of people are waiting for saiga-9х19 here, it should be the first Russian pistol carbine that would be producting in out country for civilians. We have very stupid weapon law, and a very criminal president with hand mafia in government, that are making a lot of panic about weapons that we have. Americans shoot in school's - putins mafia changes weapon law in Russia - paradox. Especially government afraid of pistols in civilans hands, now we don't have them, and every time when someone in press starting to discuss the idea to let our people have pistols - putins government says at tv that our people are so stupid that we will shoot each other.

• Like 1

What Mags are you using? Pics?

Sorry, but I think I better wait on showing or sharing information about this weapon. It's something I've been designing/testing/making for Will for the last 2 years and I don't think he would want me giving out the details.

Hopefully testing goes well!

Check out my new Avitar. It didn't come from Russia either.

Haha!!! Sweet!!! Details soon?

Details? Well, not much to say. It's a lot of fun and it sure gets more than it's fare share of attention at the range.

It's almost the exact same size as my MP5, but I'm starting to think it's a better weapon platform.

I've shot the hell out of MP5's over the years, but to be honest. When an MP5 becomes dirty, your done.

This weapon works just was well dirty as it does clean. I have a couple of parts to finish, etch receiver, park or paint it, test it again and then ship it off.

After that, it's out of my hands. It will either pass inspection, or it won't.

Armor, what mag did you wind up using? I haven't been on here in quite awhile, so if it's already been discussed, I'm sorry. Finally got both my x25 builds with the PPS43 mags running pretty good, and my 9mm with the Suomi drum is a blast. I really would like to build a magwell though to use the UZI mags. Depending on how things go in the near future with the whole gun control thing, I hope to build another 9mm. It really does suck that no one produces a store bought 9mm AK. I'm still shocked that no US manufacturer has come out with one yet.

It will use Sterling or Sten mags, but could be made to use almost any mag or caliber.

I have a short test video on youtube. Type in "100 2881"

Edited by ARMOR
  • 2 weeks later...
So is that going possibly be a production model?

And an adapter for Uzi mags would be awesome for me! smile.png

Not if the President has anything to say about it.

Now's the time to support the NRA and hound your elected officials for our rights as Americans.

• 1 month later...