IZH-9x19 (vityaz saiga?) Let it be for import!

Was reading the news on Izhmash web page. Seems they are going to show (or have) a 9x19 export rifle patterned after the vityaz-sn.

A 9x19 vitz in the US would sell out on the first day for sure. Hell, I'd buy one! A real vityaz! Fuck yeah! We can only hope they start production and importation.

Here's the news, http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/news/111011.shtml

• Like 4
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right now we have 2 seperate design teams working on this project & we will see what they come up with . Hope to know more towards the end of June we need to make sure the project is finiacially f

Was reading the news on Izhmash web page. Seems they are going to show (or have) a 9x19 export rifle patterned after the vityaz-sn.   A 9x19 vitz in the US would sell out on the first day for sure.

Posted Images

Heres the website with a picture of it and some more information on it. http://www.izhmash-arms.ru/eim/imp/296.html

From what I've read it will have a 10 round magazine, folding stock, and a 9" barrel. In that configuration it is not able to be imported. If they make one in pistol form it will need no alteration to be imported. Or if they make a Saiga type 16" rifle.

Either way I want one. The pistol configuration would be optimal. Plus some of those russian 30 rounders w/ magazine clamp would be sweet.

I would love for them to import this as a pistol. $200 and a stock and you'd be back in business. If they imported a big shipment of rear trunions and folder stocks that would be nice too. Most 9x19 semi auto versions of sub guns don't do much for me. I wonder what they could do that I would use a 9mm for that my cheapo Kel tec can't. These would be cool enough to get me to buy. Like a draco with cheaper ammo.

• Like 1

I whole heartedly support this. Will put all comparable 9MM carbines in the US market to shame. Unfortunately, it probably won't happen unless done through an importer/modifier such as Arsenal. I don't believe Russia can legally import these to the US in their complete stock configuration, much like Saigas.

I whole heartedly support this. Will put all comparable 9MM carbines in the US market to shame. Unfortunately, it probably won't happen unless done through an importer/modifier such as Arsenal. I don't believe Russia can legally import these to the US in their complete stock configuration, much like Saigas.

If they could make them into pistols and import them that way like Zambidis said, that would be ideal.

• Like 1

Seriously tho. Even if they import it as a Saiga type rifle I'd buy one. Pistol would be the best and wouldn't be hard to do. If they import draco's without modification to US parts count. I don't see a reason why they shouldn't be able to import these as pistols.

Someone needs to talk to Legion or Arsenal or somebody about this. Everyone I've ever talked to has said they wanted one. And the amount of people who have converted ak's to take 9mm soumi magazines. There is a market out there for a 9mm ak.

Seriously tho. Even if they import it as a Saiga type rifle I'd buy one. Pistol would be the best and wouldn't be hard to do. If they import draco's without modification to US parts count. I don't see a reason why they shouldn't be able to import these as pistols.

Someone needs to talk to Legion or Arsenal or somebody about this. Everyone I've ever talked to has said they wanted one. And the amount of people who have converted ak's to take 9mm soumi magazines. There is a market out there for a 9mm ak.

I agree. Kinda makes you wonder how they arent already here. I forsure would own two. And Im sure a ridiculous amount of other people would too.

The Russians put AK factories in every goat shed in every shit hole in the world.

WHY don't they put one HERE?

With all the AK's floating around the 3rd world that market must blow. In the US we can't get those, so an American made AK series would make big $$$$$. Especially if they make them in all the calibers we want. I would bet the American market would be larger than most 3rd world military buys. With the added attraction of being a steady demand so the factory can run at a steady pace, instead of boom or bust.

• Like 3

The Russians put AK factories in every goat shed in every shit hole in the world.

WHY don't they put one HERE?

With all the AK's floating around the 3rd world that market must blow. In the US we can't get those, so an American made AK series would make big $$$$$. Especially if they make them in all the calibers we want. I would bet the American market would be larger than most 3rd world military buys. With the added attraction of being a steady demand so the factory can run at a steady pace, instead of boom or bust.

Oh, Don't you mean Arsenal? LOL. I think they pretty much make AK's now. Aside from making the receivers. And then after fit and finish you get an $800 AK-74 :-X

If we can't get pistols something like this would be the next best thing. Just get a stamp, chop the barrel, re-crown it, and attach a muzzle device. Come to think of it that might be better than the pistol as cutting the barrel is arguably easier/cheaper than adding a rear trunion. However the downside is I don't think it would be coming in with a folder so if one wants that (I know I would) there is still all the same work a pistol would be plus the barrel work. Gun restrictions that are just annoying hoops to jump through to get the same end result are so silly.

d_1421.jpg

Edited by Zambidis

those would be sweet but, i would think of it this way if we were too ever see those come to our shores, most likely would look like the current saigas being imported, with the sporter stock trigger housing all the way to the rear,single stack only, non traditional hg etc...just to get them here as per importation laws. i have my name on a list for the vepr-12s that will be hitting our shores, but will also be losing all those cool factors just like the picture above, damn these import laws.

If we can't get pistols something like this would be the next best thing. Just get a stamp, chop the barrel, re-crown it, and attach a muzzle device. Come to think of it that might be better than the pistol as cutting the barrel is arguably easier/cheaper than adding a rear trunion. However the downside is I don't think it would be coming in with a folder so if one wants that (I know I would) there is still all the same work a pistol would be plus the barrel work. Gun restrictions that are just annoying hoops to jump through to get the same end result are so silly.

d_1421.jpg

It's pretty dumb I agree. They just want more money out of us with those $200 stamps. How else is the ATF going to make their money?

A configuration like the one pictured would be nice.

those would be sweet but, i would think of it this way if we were too ever see those come to our shores, most likely would look like the current saigas being imported, with the sporter stock trigger housing all the way to the rear,single stack only, non traditional hg etc...just to get them here as per importation laws. i have my name on a list for the vepr-12s that will be hitting our shores, but will also be losing all those cool factors just like the picture above, damn these import laws.

I wouldn't mind a Saiga type config at all. I had fun converting my x39. Building another would be just as fun and probably faster since I have one under my belt now.

I'd imagine it would have to be modded similar to the current rifles. As we are now seeing saiga rifles with the front half more as it should be, it would be nice if we could at least get that much.

Yeah, I wish they had come out with those when I bought my original Saiga x39. Would have made the conversion a lot easier. Seeing as the hard work has already been done.

i like i want please i need my fix

heads in the clouds once more

You and me both. I think a lot of people would buy these.

Edited by MH12194

Heres the website with a picture of it and some more information on it. http://www.izhmash-a...im/imp/296.html

From what I've read it will have a 10 round magazine, folding stock, and a 9" barrel. In that configuration it is not able to be imported. If they make one in pistol form it will need no alteration to be imported. Or if they make a Saiga type 16" rifle.

Either way I want one. The pistol configuration would be optimal. Plus some of those russian 30 rounders w/ magazine clamp would be sweet.

I think Russian handguns are banned from importation. So the only way would be a Saiga type configuration. I hope its a thumbstole stock with the regular AK trigger configuration though.

I got wind from a K-Var rep that they are getting over 140 new SKU's for th 2012 shotshow. And this was on the topic of the Vityaz sporting carbine.

My guess was he was hinting at they will be getting an example or two of them. I was told they didn't know exactly what they were getting. But over 140 skus mean they are getting a lot of stuff. Let's just hope one of those SKU's is a vityaz carbine. We wont know till January. So take it with a grain of salt. There may be some products we have all been waiting for other than the vityaz.