922R in reverse?

Here's a good one for you! If I decide to use SMG/surefire 10 round mags in my new Saiga 7.62x39 sporter configuration, does that in any way violate 922R provisions by just the fact they are American made? They still wouldn't be high cap/over 10 rounds. I know about the compliance rules going OVER 10 rounds.

They're cheaper than those original Saiga mags for sure!

Thanks in advance,

Woody

You're fine. Its when you get into the "evil features" like 11rd + capacity capable magazines, pistol grips, muzzle devises and "the things that goes up", is when you follow 922r.

I am not a Lawyer, so take that info with a grain of salt.

You're fine. Its when you get into the "evil features" like 11rd + capacity capable magazines, pistol grips, muzzle devises and "the things that goes up", is when you follow 922r.

"the things that goes up"...

That reference always makes me laugh!

Out of curiosity... I wonder how many people get busted for 922 violations each year.

Out of curiosity... I wonder how many people get busted for 922 violations each year.

I have heard that nobody has ever been brought up on 922 charges. It is mainly directed at importers, however, as individuals we still all follow it too.

Don't talk like that! A shoulder thing that goes up would instantly make his gun 3000x more deadly than a gun without one. Please consider the following alternatives to a barrel shroud:

• an elbow thing that goes up
  • a shoulder thing that goes down
  • a shoulder thing that goes in
  • a shoulder thing that goes out
  • a shoulder thing that goes in and shakes all about
  • an up thing that goes shoulder
  • the Thing's upper shoulder
  • a shoulder thing that goes "PING!"
  • a thing for trapping lions in the Scottish Highlands

• Like 1

Don't talk like that! A shoulder thing that goes up would instantly make his gun 3000x more deadly than a gun without one. Please consider the following alternatives to a barrel shroud:

• an elbow thing that goes up
  • a shoulder thing that goes down
  • a shoulder thing that goes in
  • a shoulder thing that goes out
  • a shoulder thing that goes in and shakes all about
  • an up thing that goes shoulder
  • the Thing's upper shoulder
  • a shoulder thing that goes "PING!"
  • a thing for trapping lions in the Scottish Highlands

What if he does the Hokey pokey and shakes it all about?!

Will it then be safe?

I have heard that nobody has ever been brought up on 922 charges. It is mainly directed at importers, however, as individuals we still all follow it too.

The ONLY mention of it in ALL of Federal and State case law is when in 1993 the ATF was upheld in its decision to refuse to renew a FFL license because the seller (Trader Vic's) had installed bayos on imported SKSs and sold them.