I just tried my Saiga 12 last night with the new Mako recoil absorbing stock on it, and I do think it did provide noticeable felt recoil reduction, more noticeable with heavier loadings like the 3" #4 turkey loads I shot.

My setup was formerly the ace stock mounted to their folding mechanism and that bolted to a receiver block. My tang was removed to do that setup. I run a competition brake so already have some recoil reduction going on, but I wanted to reduce recoil on heavy loads like 3" hunting and self defense loadings, so I ordered the pig-nose adapter and a mil-spec AR-Buffer tube. Right now the folding mechanism is out because as a right side folder it looks like the stock wont fold completely before hitting the charing handle.

My observations are that the stock does provide about a 15-20% reduction in felt recoil, which to me is substantial in terms of comfort and controllability. The stock seems to be well made, and functions as stated. I do think the action of the stock could be smoother, but maybe with use it will smoothen naturally. As stated I used a mil=spec stock, I would suggest the larger diameter commercial spec stock would provide a better fit to the stock, mine as set-up has slight movement as a result of the stock being sized to take either milspec or commerical buffer tubes. As I set up the stock, which was mounting the pig-nose adapter to be flush with the top of the receiver block insert (in line with the barrel) a check rest was not needed to get a good sight picture through the chaos HK style sights mounted on their rail system. I might add a small raiser like paracord or something else around 1/4", but significant elevation wasn't needed for me at least.

Bottom line; good product, worked as claimed, I expect to see future generations of this come out as well as competitor products that function similarly, that would be my only thought on why I wouldn't say go out and get one

Edited by TARE