Any of you upgrade after installing K-var front handguards?

I've been searching the classifieds, and can't find any quality affordable used US furniture.

I was wondering if it's common for you fellas to change hand guards often?

If a lot of you later upgrade to foregrips with rails and stuff, maybe I'll hold out a little longer in search of something suitable coming along.

Only thing I'm worried about is after I make a big deal trying to find something, I'll decide a month later that I need to start attaching stuff and need some picatinny rails, lol!

Did you stay "traditional"?

You can have the best of both worlds. IMHO AK's look best with wood. I went with Bulgy wood and a TWS rail to mount a red dot. Now there are going to be many people with many different opinions. This is just one.

post-37081-0-44652700-1320973382_thumb.jpg

Edited by tdp378

You can have the best of both worlds. IMHO AK's look best with wood. I went with Bulgy wood and a TWS rail to mount a red dot. Now there are going to be many people with many different opinions. This is just one.

I love wood on AKs, but I need to go US made. There are some nice US wood furniture makers, but they are expensive!

kvar hand guard + ultimak rail + aimpoint + offset flashlight mount = any accessory you could need without wasting a bunch of space with a goofy heavy rail full of stuff you are never going to actually use..

IMO of course..

I like it!

I do have the urge to get a nice eotech one day..

*I've never actually gripped a quadrail but the thing looks kinda sharp to grab onto!(?)

I love wood on AKs, but I need to go US made. There are some nice US wood furniture makers, but they are expensive!

kvar hand guard + ultimak rail + aimpoint + offset flashlight mount = any accessory you could need without wasting a bunch of space with a goofy heavy rail full of stuff you are never going to actually use..

IMO of course..

I like it!

I do have the urge to get a nice eotech one day..

*I've never actually gripped a quadrail but the thing looks kinda sharp to grab onto!(?)

I had the ultimak lower rail as well.. and while it was exceptional quality.. in the end I felt it was stupid.. while it didn't make the gun all that heavy.. it made it awkward.. the way my gun is currently setup.. it is pretty smooth