fitted a TWS Railed Top Cover on my S12

IMG_0833-1.jpg

IMG_0832-1.jpg

IMG_0834-1.jpg

I wish these would fit better than they do, but I did get it to work.

I still need to do a slight bit of tweaking, but I'll know more where it needs modifying once I do some shooting with it.

IMG_0835-1.jpg

& I think its time to add a new Stock. I do like the one thats on there but I want something that has more of a cheek weld. And maybe a beefy'er stock will go with the looks of the S12 better.

Edited by ItsAllCreated
  • Like 5

Is that the dinzag rear sight block conversion? If so I'd like details on how difficult/easy it was when/if you have time. That really looks tits. Eta: Great idea. It does look like the ver 030. Very nice!

Edited by AZG

Thanks guys

Yeah thats Dinzag's Sight Block.

I actually bought it at the same time I bought the TWS rail in hopes I could get this combo to work (sorta kinda mimics the Saiga030 system).

Its the new one that screws in so you don't have to knock off the gas block if you don't want too. It was cake. I opted to cut a piece out of my old gas tube to remove it, then you tap off the old sight block, put the new one on, and screw in the new gas tube. Its very solid. I still need to buy the front sight to make it complete, but I like what I have so far (reason I didnt buy the front sight is because I got the TWS rail and the ACOG Reflex)

• Like 1

I've fantasized about doing this for ages now. How much did you have to do to get the TWS to fit over the bcg? I tried talking to TAC47 about them doing one for me but they said they don't normally take converted guns. Makes sense, it poses liability issues, people saying a faulty gun worked before it got shipped off and what not. Kinda dashed my dreams against the rocks though. I want flip up irons and an RMR, and the TWS plus a small section of rail welded to the top of the gas block would be perfect. Congrats on steppin out there and doin it

Thanks guys

I actually bought it at the same time I bought the TWS rail in hopes I could get this combo to work (sorta kinda mimics the Saiga030 system).

Its the new one that screws in so you don't have to knock off the gas block if you don't want too. It was cake. I opted to cut a piece out of my old gas tube to remove it, then you tap off the old sight block, put the new one on, and screw in the new gas tube. Its very solid. I still need to buy the front sight to make it complete, but I like what I have so far (reason I didnt buy the front sight is because I got the TWS rail and the ACOG Reflex)

The gas block removal and installation is what I was mainly interested in. Everything else is pretty much described in the instructions. I see the one pin that appears to be holding the RSB in but am unsure what the actual details entail. Do you just tap the pin out with a hammer and punch? pop the old RSB off and put the new one on. Then just tap the new pin in?

Thanks guys

The gas block removal and installation is what I was mainly interested in. Everything else is pretty much described in the instructions. I see the one pin that appears to be holding the RSB in but am unsure what the actual details entail. Do you just tap the pin out with a hammer and punch? pop the old RSB off and put the new one on. Then just tap the new pin in?

It may looks like there's a pin for the RSB but there isnt. you just tap it forward and it comes off. Then you tappity tap the new one on and you good to go!

What kind of trouble did you have fitting the TWS cover onto the receiver I have bought the same setup just have not tried putting on the cover yet??

Its needs to be cut & filed in several places. A touch of bolt carrier modification is needed for clearance too (near the charging handle). & then that sliding main spring cover that goes over the bolt needs to be modded too.

Let me get a few close up pics, and I'll show where it needs modifying

Edited by ItsAllCreated

It may looks like there's a pin for the RSB but there isnt. you just tap it forward and it comes off. Then you tappity tap the new one on and you good to go!

eyes_droped.gif really??? wtheck is holding it on there then, friction? Im very intrigued.

Looks very nice! I like it. Congratulation.

Don't place red dot sight such pace as on the photo, because the extracted shells could be stroke by the bottom of the sight and move back, as a result to jam your Saiga. Move the sight maximum to the and of the rails of dust cover or to the rails of upper handguard.

eyes_droped.gif really??? wtheck is holding it on there then, friction? Im very intrigued.

Pressure from the gas tube being held on by the gas block. The gas block is pinned in of course, but that's it. Get the gas block off, the gas tube just kinda drops off, and there is a small lip (similar to the one holding the front of the dust cover on) at the rear of the RSB. Like he said, a gentle tap should pop it right off.

Edited by Goose
  • Like 1

Pressure from the gas tube being held on by the gas block. The gas block is pinned in of course, but that's it. Get the gas block off, the gas tube just kinda drops off, and there is a small lip (similar to the one holding the front of the dust cover on) at the rear of the RSB. Like he said, a gentle tap should pop it right off.

Cool thnaks. That makes me happy as I want to adapt a krink rear sight block hinged cover to fit in that spot which from what you tell me shouldn't require too much fabrication to make it work......hopefully. like this:

gallery_24335_714_194861.jpg

Edited by AZG