AR safety selector retrofit kit

121 members have voted

1. 1. AR safety selector retrofit (utilizing standard selector)?

• Interested...
    • What's the point....

• 4 months later...

I just bought a couple of these, to try and they are really good but now I am trying to figure out a way to remove or shrink down the factory factory handle.

p1main.jpg

I was looking at those too. The only thing I don't like about them is actuated in the opposite direction compared to an AR. I like the "push forward to disengage safety" vs. having to pull back. Other than that it's a great simple design.

Same applies to the Galil safety. Makes switching platforms a pita.

I think Krebs has a good solution adding the tab so the lever can be operated with the index finger. It's still not universal but a simple way to work the safety without releasing your firing grip.

• Like 1

This again?

Yeah, just get the AR safety, then a top rail, and a magwell, and after you've spent about $700+ in accessories for your S12, you'll have a cobbled-up version of the MKA1919.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Would this imply that an ambo AR15 safety would also work...or would it take a re-fab to attach the arm on the other side of the Saiga? I'm left handed and an AMBO AR15 type selector-safety would be a great addition to my Saiga daughters and grand daughters sooo I might fondle them a whole lot more and stuff. HB of CJ (old lecherous coot) smile.png

I run a Galil inverted safety on my ZK-SD and S12. They are Very easy to operate. You have to set the tension on the right side safety to control the ammount of drag. Mine works smooth as butter.

100_2500.jpg

100_2713.jpg

• Like 2

I like to shoot the shotgun left handed so it's not that big of a deal for me. If someone could make a drop in part that worked good. I would be interested. Especially if it had the notch for a BHO.

There was a video of a left handed safety modified so you could flick it with your thumb. Can't find the damn thing for some reason. This would be a nice part to buy.

Good luck building!

p.s. that R&R system is awesome, but I don't think most people here want to build a race gun which is what you would have to do in order to utilize that AR type safety selector. They do look nice and are spooky fast actions!

• 7 months later...
Rather than grinding the detent on the lever to reduce effort, why not just bend the safety out a little bit?

With that in mind... This mod would be VERY cheap as well (forgetting that it's an airsoft)... There is another guy on youtube that just put a patch of grip tape on his selector so he could use his index finger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTk3V4-lHEs

I DO like the idea of any additional aftermarket support for the S12 and encourage all development efforts. It's just not something that I would be personally interested in.

I picked up a bunch of HK levers from RTG for $5ea that I've been playing with that look promissing for LH, or possibly LH/RH use on guns without a side rail. It's the only bright spot in todays market-all those odd parts laying in boxes suddenly find purpose in life. I find myself bulding a 74 that represents Bulgaria, Poland, Russia, USA, and now Germany ( ;

Rather than grinding the detent on the lever to reduce effort, why not just bend the safety out a little bit?

With that in mind... This mod would be VERY cheap as well (forgetting that it's an airsoft)... There is another guy on youtube that just put a patch of grip tape on his selector so he could use his index finger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTk3V4-lHEs

I DO like the idea of any additional aftermarket support for the S12 and encourage all development efforts. It's just not something that I would be personally interested in.

You know I've been offering to do those properly for 4 more people for free in the pay it forward thread, right?

Here is a How-To pictorial.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/gallery/album/1114-safety-mod/

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

i would also be in for one if it  would retro-fit my  legion 433a w/ lrbho.

i like the ak platform but i just can`t get used to or like the selector.

Anyone interested in an AR type safety selector on your saiga? It would be a retrofit and would utilize the existing safety selector, you just have to punch one hole in your receiver. I have a rough CAD model that works, and I could fabricate one relatively easily. I'd love one for myself, just wondering if there's an interest out there......

would this only fit an s-12 original( rock-n-lock)?  mine is a 433a from legion.

would change mine in a heart beat if it works with the 433a conversion.