Looking for a Draco Pistol

I'm looking for a Romanian Draco Pistol, but it seems like everyone is out of stock. Does anyone know where I can find one?

I've seen a similar version sold by I.O. called a Hellpup Pistol. I found a few review that say they are not worth buying. Any opinions or a source for the CAI Dracos?

I would not buy anything form I.O.

Hmm not only are many out of stock lots of places it looks like most places have raised their prices a fair ammount. It wasn't long ago these things were $349. Now lots of places want $450.

If you do a google shopping search you can find them in stock at least at a couple places. I think a link would violate the rules, sorry.

Atlantic Firearms is a site sponsor and they appear to have just added the mini dracos in addition to the regular dracos. Not the lowest prices I've seen but as you noticed, not many others have them in stock. Atlantic has a good reputation for treating customers right.

I would not be surprised to see prices go up at other places if or when they do get some back in stock due to popularity, supply/demand and all that.

http://www.atlanticf...product866.aspx

http://www.atlanticf...roduct1033.aspx

Edited by Kalash103

Atlantic Firearms is a site sponsor and they appear to have just added the mini dracos in addition to the regular dracos. Not the lowest prices I've seen but as you noticed, not many others have them in stock. Atlantic has a good reputation for treating customers right.

I would not be surprised to see prices go up at other places if or when they do get some back in stock due to popularity, supply/demand and all that.

http://www.atlanticf...product866.aspx

http://www.atlanticf...roduct1033.aspx

Thanks for the link! I'll have to call/email Atlantic to see if they have any in stock.

I would not buy anything form I.O.

Hmm not only are many out of stock lots of places it looks like most places have raised their prices a fair ammount. It wasn't long ago these things were $349. Now lots of places want $450.

If you do a google shopping search you can find them in stock at least at a couple places. I think a link would violate the rules, sorry.

I tried just using "Draco Pistol" for searching, but every site I found was out of stock. If you don't mind, what description did you use for searching? Thanks!

I owned a Draco for a while but soon sold it off as it was only a few inches shorter than my AK with a side folder, i have since been thinking of a mini just because they are by far shorter than a standard AK. Two things holding me back one parts interchangeability and that plastic block and two the prices are too inflated now. Id wait a month or two unless you dont mind spending extra cash, people are asking crazy prices now.

I owned a Draco for a while but soon sold it off as it was only a few inches shorter than my AK with a side folder, i have since been thinking of a mini just because they are by far shorter than a standard AK. Two things holding me back one parts interchangeability and that plastic block and two the prices are too inflated now. Id wait a month or two unless you dont mind spending extra cash, people are asking crazy prices now.

Do you think the prices will go back down? If so, I'd probably be willing to wait.

I wonder if higher prices are because no one has them now and they are waiting on a shipment or because the importer has increased their prices. If it is the former prices likely would come down. If it is the latter I'd guess they wouldn't unless sales are sluggish at the higher prices.

Classic Arms says they are taking backorders.

I was looking at regular Dracos awhile back. The few inches different from my side folder kept me on the fence. When the mini came out I instantly wanted one. Looks like the black mini is almost the same price as a hard chrome was a few months back.

Would be nice to see the 399 price come back. That would tempt me to pick up a spare.

Will keep my eyes open and let you know if I find any in stock.

Edited by NM0

I was looking at regular Dracos awhile back. The few inches different from my side folder kept me on the fence. When the mini came out I instantly wanted one. Looks like the black mini is almost the same price as a hard chrome was a few months back.

Would be nice to see the 399 price come back. That would tempt me to pick up a spare.

I'm kind of leaning more towards the Mini right now, but is the gas block made of plastic? And do they sell extra internal parts for that version?

I'm kind of leaning more towards the Mini right now, but is the gas block made of plastic? And do they sell extra internal parts for that version?

The gas block isn't plastic, but they use a plastic buffer to compensate for the gas piston being so short. I don't know how long it will last, but for the few months these guns have been on the market, there haven't been any problems. GARY N4KVE

I wonder if higher prices are because no one has them now and they are waiting on a shipment or because the importer has increased their prices. If it is the former prices likely would come down. If it is the latter I'd guess they wouldn't unless sales are sluggish at the higher prices.

Im guessing they imported a small supply to test the waters, plus they are the hot got to have item at the moment. The bad part is they might keep prices high even if a huge supply is brought in, if people are buying them at over $450 now more than likely they will keep doing so

Plenty of these in Cincinnati, full size at least. Found a used one for $450, new one was $550 in the same shop though. Found one store with a new one for $475. Keep an eye on classifieds; seems like a lot of folks buy one, take it to the range once and sell it. I still want one a bit down the road, but it'll have to wait a few years.

• 2 weeks later...