Tapco G2 installation issues. Hammer released prematurely.

Did the conversion today. Everything went smooth until G2 set installation.

Here is the problem. When trigger held back after releasing the hammer disconnector holds hammer locked. When releasing the trigger to reset it, hammer is released. I don't think it should be working this way. Ordered 2-stage Arsenal kit. I hope it's a US made one.

Pissed off to no end!

Did the conversion today. Everything went smooth until G2 set installation.

Here is the problem. When trigger held back after releasing the hammer disconnector holds hammer locked. When releasing the trigger to reset it, hammer is released. I don't think it should be working this way. Ordered 2-stage Arsenal kit. I hope it's a US made one.

Pissed off to no end!

The disconnector spring or the disconnector hole might be the problem.

A few years back Tapco had a batch of G2 disconnectors that had a spring hole too deep and this made the disconnector malfunction.

A certain ak parts company has distributed short 12 coil disconnector springs which I remember causing this same issue.

tapco-1.jpg

24w4kcz.jpg

Short spring make sence. It did feel like there isn't enough tension on disconnector. I'll try to pus something in the disconnector holle tomorrow to put a bit more tension on the spring.

If you happen to have a disconnector that is way to deep, tapco will mail you a free replacement.

If you have this Tapco retaining plate, the dog ear may be holding the hammer back. I had to grind a little off to get enough clearance.

Can you explain why that tab is there?

The only thing I can think of that it's designed as a grab point.

If you have this Tapco retaining plate, the dog ear may be holding the hammer back. I had to grind a little off to get enough clearance.

Can you explain why that tab is there?

The only thing I can think of that it's designed as a grab point.

It is there to give you a surface to push it down into place, no other reason.