Everyone knows how crappy Promags are, but what about Surefire? I'm looking for ANY reports of Surefire Mag failures....worn feed lips, broken bullet guides, or anything that has caused them to fail. I'm running Surefires in my .223 and plan to for a while. So far, they've been just fine. In the future, I'll probably make the switch to Weigers.

Likewise, please feel free to report great things about Surefires....torture tests, put 10K rounds through 'em, etc.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I have almost exclusively promags. I agree that they are weaker than surefires. I've read a lot about them breaking with really tough use. But as far as reliability- I've never had a problem with them. (never torture tested either). Surefire mags have a bolt-hold on empty feature too. Certainly worth the extra cash. I'd switch them out and sell the promags- but I'd rather save up for a STANAG adapter and magazines.

I haven't had a failure, but like some others a full 12 round shotgun mag with 3" shells can FTF due to the weight the first couple of shots. I have had that happen maybe twice, and I have used the heck out of that mag. No problems ever with other sizes of mags, or 2 3/4" shells. I bet the longer springs R&R sells would make the difference.