So American Guns isn't cutting it, SOG is good but there are still 6 other days of the week, and we're between seasons. Ditto on Justified. Walking Dead, pretty darn good, but there is so much crap TV out there.

If you made a TV show, what would it be?

Key Ingredients: guns, interesting characters, guns and...

Are there any cable TV producers out there?

I wrote a show on my pc years ago called (The Young Ones U.S.A) If you remember the original show from the U.K. Just mix that with some Always Sunny in Philly with South park humor.

In my version, a metal head, hippie, major NASCAR fan, and straight laced career oriented guy, with strange neighbors all live together and try to get by.

Where are the new Venture Brothers!?!

I'd like to see something like Top Gear but with guns. I like the format of having a series of gun tests, a sit-down section to discuss gun industry-related news, ham-fisted project competitions, and even, perhaps, an interview with a gun-friendly celebrity. The problem would be getting people with enough charisma to carry it off. I think a lot of Top Gear's appeal is the chemistry of its hosts. Unfortunately, it seems some gun-related shows have real toolbags as presenters.

• Like 2

I would totally watch a show about gun tests, but you're right, it would take the right host. A gunsmithing show would be cool too. Where for 4 or 5 episodes they feature a different gun, talk about mods and show you how to do them. Season 1, Saiga shotguns and rifles. Season 2, ARs, Season 3 Ruger 10/22 and Mini 14. I know some of this is on Youtube, but the production quality isn't there. How about the folks at Brownell's? Anyone have the sportsman's channel, and is this type of thing on there?

I would totally watch a show about gun tests, but you're right, it would take the right host. A gunsmithing show would be cool too. Where for 4 or 5 episodes they feature a different gun, talk about mods and show you how to do them. Season 1, Saiga shotguns and rifles. Season 2, ARs, Season 3 Ruger 10/22 and Mini 14. I know some of this is on Youtube, but the production quality isn't there. How about the folks at Brownell's? Anyone have the sportsman's channel, and is this type of thing on there?

I wouldn't even bother devoting an entire season to a single type of gun. I foresee "theme" episodes that could focus on a single firearm platform or topic. For example, an AR-15 episode would start with a tour of some AR manufacturer. From there it would go to a competition where the hosts have a set budget to put together the ultimate AR, which would have to be used to handle a series of shooting challenges. Later, a new bolt-action upper for ARs would be demoed and tested by one of the hosts. Finally, the show's masked marksman ("The Trig"?) would test some new precision AR's for accuracy at long ranges.

The more I think about this, the more I like it. Stealing further Borrowing lovingly from Top Gear, the show's hosts' characters should be established right off the bat. One would be a stodgy traditionalist, another would be a fan of all things tacticool, and the third one would be a relentless do-it-yourselfer or milsurper or some such. The producers could mix it up a bit by sending the traditionalist to one of Gabe Suarez's classes or having the tacticool guy compete in a SASS match. The potential for hijinks are nearly endless!

Edited by DrThunder88
  • Like 3

I've also started watching "Hell on Wheels", it's not too bad. Like "Walking Dead" though, the commercial breaks are completely fucking ridiculous. It's so bad that I've resorted to watching them a couple days late so I can skip the commercials.

That's a solid idea for a show Dr. Thunder!

+1 A fantastic idea.