Possible protections for Saiga 12 importation?

So, I've searched the text of the bill and copied all parts related to firearms. It's quite a bit actually, I'll go over it tomorrow and summarize it if I can while including the page and section numbers so y'all can read for yourself.

• Like 1

I like that last one where it close the loophole for the BATFE to transfer its power to other agencys to bypass the new regulations. its like slamming there cocks in a car door and then kicking the door for a extra measure. 016.gif

Transfer of BATFE Authority. A prohibition on the use of funds to transfer any duty or responsibility of the BATFE to any other agency or department. This provision was written in response to a Clinton Administration plan to transfer firearms enforcement to the FBI or Secret Service. It also prohibits the Executive branch from skirting the will of Congress by allowing another agency to implement policies the BATFE is prohibited from implementing.

Edited by SCHULTZE
  • Like 1

Will we see 8 round mags being imported?

Thats a double edged sword!

Part of me says yes, so we can have cheap(er) factory 8's, the other part says fuck no since i already have 3 not so cheap factory 8's.

well you could risk it and sell a couple of them while they are still worth something. Or just make up the difference by buying a bunch if they become available.

Part of me says yes, so we can have cheap(er) factory 8's, the other part says fuck no since i already have 3 not so cheap factory 8's.

Mullet man this I'd the kind of think that hurts of hobby and also make overturning the 1986 machine gun ban impossible. I get what you mean but everyone should be will to take a hit now so we can have cooler toys cheaper later. Not being mean or anything, I just wanted to point that out.

Edited by Ak Monty
  • Like 1

Mullet man this I'd the kind of think that hurts of hobby and also make overturning the 1986 machine gun ban impossible. I get what you mean but everyone should be will to take a hit now so we can have cooler toys cheaper later. Not being mean or anything, I just wanted to point that out.

Don't fault him for being honest. What if the law had done away with 922R altogether and suddenly Russia flooded the market with cheap Saigas that did not need converting. How much money do you have tied up in your toys because of 922R? What if the average Joe could just buy a "properly" configured Saiga for $350. Yes, it would be a great thing, but it would sting all of our elitist egos a bit.

+1 As long as he still would prefer that it happens then he's not the enemy. There are some people that would rather keep the laws so that they can be "special", though.

I guess I can't blame people for trying to protect their jobs. How many companies, gunsmiths, manufacturers, and other people would be unemployed quickly if 922r went away. I personally don't like 922r but a lot of Americans have jobs because of it. Some of these companies have been very innovative in the market too. Many of these products would have never seen the light of day without funds to R&D it.

Also, the price of mags may have dropped soon too. Wolf Arms announced it will carry the entire Molot catalog including mags and extra parts. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/71793-new-product-announcement/

I read the NRA-ILA link a few times. Its just good news again and again.

+1 As long as he still would prefer that it happens then he's not the enemy. There are some people that would rather keep the laws so that they can be "special", though.

I guess I can't blame people for trying to protect their jobs. How many companies, gunsmiths, manufacturers, and other people would be unemployed quickly if 922r went away. I personally don't like 922r but a lot of Americans have jobs because of it. Some of these companies have been very innovative in the market too. Many of these products would have never seen the light of day without funds to R&D it.

Americans spending time and money manufacturing parts that other countries already make better and more cheaply is a total waste. All the money and time they spend duplicating triggers etc they could spend making brand new, creative parts. All the money gun owners spend replacing parts on their guns to comply with an insane law could be spent... buying NEW GUNS.

Anyway, great job for the NRA!!!!

• Like 2

btr i agree and if the loss their jobs cause a competior makes it cheaper, i hate to say it but thats the american way. capitalism 101. and hate to derail the thread but the thing that hurt american innovators in new firearm tech the most is the 86 ban on machineguns that kept all the small time innaovators from coming up with new stuff cause they couldnt make any money, if you look at time since that has happen the only thing new to come from america is from either big industry or the gov. with out the income from selling new different guns and such to the regular joes the small time guys like john browing was could no longer stay in bussiness. i think the hughes amendment will have to be stuck into some larger bill like this and the nra needs to get off their butts and get it done, the big thing are what will get noticed by the avarage gun guy and bring attention to the nra and money.

Is common sense finally happening in Washington?

No, not hardly. Someone snuck this in under the radar. It's why WE didn't even hear about this until AFTER it was voted into law. I'm betting Uncle BATFuck didn't even hear about it until this morning, and I'd bet good money they probably heard it HERE ON SAIGA-12.COM first.......which reminds me, if you are out there listening boys, CHECKMATE, YOU JACK-BOOTED MOTHERFUCKERS!

Edited by Vermiform
  • Like 4