I have some old '74 Bulgy mags and I'm wondering if I unload some, which to let go of first?

Are the double circle 21's with the brown followers worth any more now than the double circle 10's with the black followers?

Yeah the 21s have some cool cryllic ink stamps all over em. Also the ones with brown followers.

I told my gal's son and father I would get them some 5.45 mags for their new Saiga rifles.

I was gonna pick up some of those ones from J&G sales at 5 for $16 ea I think, but figured if they are all the same I would just sell em 5 of mine out of my mag stash. I reckon the ones they have are prolly the 10's.

yeah the 10's are identical in performance as the 21's. minus the ink stamps and the different plant number they're usually the exact same, though the 21's will fetch a higher price. and if you can spare it, then go for it. i only have 12 mags for my sgl but they are all russian. (minus the back-up bulgy ones for parts) i dont wanna part with them. cool.png but if i had enough to were i could, then i would.

and the ones they have prolly are the 10's or they would most likely say otherwise, and they wouldnt be in stock. i need to go on a mag binge again soon. you can never have too many.

note: if you can find any, the bulgy ones to have would be the 25's. they seem to be scarce. so if you come across any, pick'em up if at a reasonable price. they seem to be built a tad better than the 10's and 21's. they "have" a harder polymer construction. or so they say..

Edited by Captain Hero

Good info thanks! Right now I'm kinda partial to my new Tula 45 rd bakelite I just got. That thing is beautiful with my Russian laminate wood.

greedy.gif

bakelite looks sick with laminate furniture.000.gif bakelite looks best with wood stocks imo.

i havent came upon any 45rd. tula's. i didnt know that plant made them. thatd be bad ass. all my 45's are molot. i only have one tula mag, and its a 30 rd. shiny plum. and its plum as hell. much more so than the others i have. anything from the tula plant seems to be much more uncommon.

and i only have one 30 rd bakelite. and its izzy. feeds flawless though. let me know if you stumble upon some good deals on some of the higher cap mags. im looking for a molot 45 rd. ribbed plum. only seen one on gun broker and they wanted to sell the rpk with it.

Edited by Captain Hero

cleaning rod or not, thats a sexy rifle. i always thought ak's had sex appeal. im gunna have to pick up some wood stocks for mine in the near future.

i also have one 45 rd. mag that has a mold number but a blank disc where the plant insignia would go. from what i understand, and i may be wrong, these are supposed to be russian made mags, but under a contract. if that makes sense.

Hey thanks bro I love her to too. Looks EXTRA sexy with my gal carrying it! lol

Hey I'm getting ready to start selling my own refinished AK wood soon so hit me up before you go blow a million bucks on Russian laminates. I do some of the nicest looking actual "Russian Red" you will ever see.... ;-)

• 3 weeks later...