410 drum exists, pictures to follow.

Are these "beta" drums from Promag? They aren't listed on their site, just the 12 ga. drums

I don't know if they are beta drums or not. I had seen them at a gun show back in the summer but I did not have a 410 yet. When I asked about them no one had seen them either. Cobra has been saying for a while that promag was going to make some but no one on this site had seen one. So there was a gun show this weekend and I was able to find the same vendor an buy a few.

They hand cycle fine but I have not shot one yet. There is a little bit of up and down movement in front of the mag where it locks into the mag well. It is pretty tight on the magazine catch on mine and I will probably have to file just a little off the mag to let the catch work properly. I will probably cannibalize one of my other saigas for the parts so I can convert it tonight and shoot it tomorrow.

"They hand cycle fine but I have not shot one yet. There is a little bit of up and down movement in front of the mag where it locks into the mag well. It is pretty tight on the magazine catch on mine and I will probably have to file just a little off the mag to let the catch work properly. I will probably cannibalize one of my other saigas for the parts so I can convert it tonight and shoot it tomorrow."

I've got six magazines from three different manufacturers. They all needed some refitting to work properly so the description of movement and filing sounds normal. They all worked in the stock configuration gun and they all worked after I had made a number of modifications and conversions. What do you have to convert to be able to use these magazines?

I was just concerned about 922r compliance. I did go test these out today after a hasty conversion. I shot 3 inch and 2 1/2 inch. The 3 inch (20 rounds) all fed fine with out a problem. The 2 1/2 had two FTF. Two shells caught on the bottom lip of the feed ramp. I had the same type of FTF with my Saiga 12 when it was under gassed, but that does not seem to be the issue here. I don't know if a little tweaking would fix it for the 2 1/2 shells or not. I do have to say it was quite fun blasting away with 20 rounds at a time.

This makes the 410 super cool! It'll sure be a beast to feed it though. Those 410 shells are pricey. Man I can't wait till these things come out on market! Thanks for sharing with us.

My thoughts exactly

I definatly agree about the price of 410 shells! A 30 round drum can make your money go fast : ) I was thinking I probally have too many 410 mags now.....

but then again I have 6 30rd grease gun mags for my MAC and I'm always looking for more.

The drum is awesome, but I think I can wait.

I called Promag on Monday and they said the 410 drums would be up on their web store in 48 hours. It's 54 hours later now and the drum isn't on their website yet. The guy wasn't sure of the price either , he thought msrp was like $144 and SAI-A9 was the catalog number. I told him I saw one on the internet and he was surprised that anyone had one.

JR

Edited by JackDRipper

The only ones sent out are the beta test drums. We have had them on order for a several months now. It should not be much longer before they come in.

• Like 1

I will have a range report soon after I get mine

If it is tempermental in your gun let me know I don't live that far from pittsburgh and would be will to take a ride and let you try my gun. Plus I want to see one it has just renewed my interst in my .410 project it is converted with stock AK funiture I have been wanting to do a RPK style with a bipod but have been putting it off now I am back on the ball. Also I have a 410 rifled paradox choke we can see how it throwes slugs.Let me know how your testing goes.

• 2 weeks later...

So I must have "Rip Van Winkled" on this. The last time I logged in or posted was August... "and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a" .410 Drum and 30 rounds down range. Finally, just what I asked Santa for for the last few years.

Greg from CSS has mine on the way.

Unless Shannon has one already, maybe I could bring it out and we could run it through its paces.

• Like 1

So I must have "Rip Van Winkled" on this. The last time I logged in or posted was August... "and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a" .410 Drum and 30 rounds down range. Finally, just what I asked Santa for for the last few years.

Greg from CSS has mine on the way.

Unless Shannon has one already, maybe I could bring it out and we could run it through its paces.

I got one here we can play with bro! Just lemme know when ya wanna come by! :)