Please tell me what you think the parts of an S12 should sell for If someone had them to sell?? hows this

Barrel $150.00

Frt. gas block $ 50.00

Gas tube $ 50.00

Frt. Trunion $ 40.00

rear trunion $ 40.00

Bolt & bolt carrier $300.00

Dust cover $ 20.00

Receiver $100.00

Edited by vermontmadman

Doug at the now defunct, avtomatsinaction.com used to get parts in on a infrequent basis, he always had the cool stuff.

I bought my spare S12 Complete Bolt Assembly for $60.+S/H, IIRC, Bolt Carriers when available went for about a $80.00 and Safety Selectors were like $5.00.

Now though, supply & demand is much higher, K-Var charges about 2X-3X for those I listed above.

They charge a small fortune for parts, if they're even available... Which they're not, haven't been in forever and likely never will be.

I've often half joked that I'd sell my bolt assembly for $500.00 to those who managed to FUBAR their own.

No one has taken me up on it yet

Edited by ChileRelleno

At one time, there was a gray market where people were buying Corvettes new and parting them out. Looks like you are fishing to see if this is a viable option for Saigas. Good luck with this, if you can make a buck the factory may see the profit potential for spare parts and make them available in America.

At one time, there was a gray market where people were buying Corvettes new and parting them out. Looks like you are fishing to see if this is a viable option for Saigas. Good luck with this, if you can make a buck the factory may see the profit potential for spare parts and make them available in America.

My thoughts exactly. Not necessarily a bad idea, but I'd be careful how much I invested. Some parts would go alot faster than other parts.

Well It started when a local guy welded on my receiver and then ground on it trying to fill in the xxxxxxx box. Said it was going to be tig welded and I think he Mig welded it, caused some uneven areas, hit a rivet with the grinder then either tried to replace it or ground the head off the rest of the way and welded a head back on to the stump. So I have one gun to part out and I was thinking about trying to buy a few more to part out. If I can buy them used, already converted or semi converted there would be more stuff to sell.