tapco parts kit buildup

So.....

I ordered an tapco parts kit with G2 trigger so I would have spare parts for the AKs that i run in the future.... the cheap one for 124$ and when i found out that the recievers are 59$ at global trades, figured what the heck, I'll just build the rifle up and have another one sitting around.

It's a US made reciever, with the G2 FCG. what other US parts do i need to comply with 922r, keeping in mind that I have a BADASS set of Russian furniture and side folder waiting to go on this bad boy?

Any suggestions, as always, appreciated.

It depends if your kit has flash hider/brake and a bayonet lug.

You need to have no more than 10 "evil" foreign parts to be 922r compliant.

A full built AK has 16 parts maximum. Assuming you have all 16, the reciever and FCG is 4 US parts. So, you need to replace 2 more parts: you could go with US made floorplates/followers; or a US gas piston and remove the flash hider/brake [ or replace with US ], etc

If you have ALL the furniture picked out already, then US made piston and muzzle attachment are the only way to go. I'm a fan of US made furniture myself, and if on this or another build you care to go for a fixed wooden stock and grip (would match a wooden forend), I can do both for $50 shipped in unfinished Pine, more for other woods and finishes.

If you have ALL the furniture picked out already, then US made piston and muzzle attachment are the only way to go.  I'm a fan of US made furniture myself, and if on this or another build you care to go for a fixed wooden stock and grip (would match a wooden forend), I can do both for $50 shipped in unfinished Pine, more for other woods and finishes.

Thanks guys...that's kinda what I was thinking, I'll go with the US made gas piston, and either a barrel nut for the end, or find a US made slant brake....

bbl not wont help you as none i know of are us made get a global trades slant cut brake.....then you have 3 parts in the g2 the rec. the gas piston and the brake...that makes you good to go...

my avatar is a tapco romy on a gt reciever...

Edited by jon elia
bbl not wont help you as none i know of are us made get a global trades slant cut brake.....then you have 3 parts in the g2 the rec. the gas piston and the brake...that makes you good to go...

my avatar is a tapco romy on a gt reciever...

Hmm...seems Global is out of ALL thier US made muzzle devices.. anyone know where I can buy a us made slant muzzle brake?

Of course, if i left the muzzle bare for now, untill I found a US made device, then i would not have the 6th "evil feature" putting me at 5 compliance parts, which I have currently, yes?

It's not really evil features, evil features went away with the sunset of the AWB(flash hiders, threaded barrels, bayonet lug, pistol grip, extended mag, grenade launcher, hmmm did I forget anything). Its the number of imported parts(only the ones listed by the atf), evil or not, if you can count more the the average number of fingers folks have you are over(yes ten, some folks have eleven or nine or less but ten is the number). No matter now many US made parts you have if you go over ten imported ones you are out of compliance. Remember the fore grips count as one part(not two).

The other thing to look for is a us made pistol grip, they are easy to install and cheep enough. Think they are in different colors now(to match some guns), not just black.

i got a red p gri that more or less matches the one off my romy or my pmkms that its on right now if you would like one i could point you in the right direction just shoot me a pm...only thing is they are plastic and not bakelite like the originals

cheat out my new toy or whatever its called in the general discusion "let yall see my new toy :)" in saiga weapons general discusion, it has a pic of the red us made p grip

Edited by jon elia
i got a red p gri that more or less matches the one off my romy or my pmkms that its on right now if you would like one i could point you in the right direction just shoot me a pm...only thing is they are plastic and not bakelite like the originals

cheat out my new toy or whatever its called in the general discusion "let yall see my new toy :)" in saiga weapons general discusion, it has a pic of the red us made p grip

Think I may have to go with the US made pistol grip then... thanks for the info guys, I'll try to post pics of the new addition soon!

Bravo 26 :super: