Polish Radom Beryl Mags

They sit about the same way that the steel Weigers do. If you can get the real German Weigers to fit and feed (the Romanian copies sit just a tad lower), the Beryl mags should work. I had to relieve the underside of my bullet guide where it juts out into the magazine well to get them to work.

If you've got a good source for them (particularly in black), I'd love to know. Right now I'm only seeing them on Gunbroker, and the clear ones at RTG.

• 1 month later...

A couple months old, but just bringing it back with a little extra info.

I ordered four Beryl surplus .223 magazines. I have a newer dimpled .223 with round trunnion, using CSS bullet guide. With minor filing of the front top area of the mag, these snap in tight as can be. Without modification, this area of the mag hits the bottom of the locking lugs on the trunnion, and prevents the magazine from fully rocking in and engaging the mag catch.

The bottom of the front latching tab on the magazine could probably also be filed, but I didn't want to change the feed angle of the magazines.

These also sit higher than Galil magazines, and so should feed more reliably. They ALMOST sit high enough so as to not require a bullet guide, but not quite.

The spring in these magazines is quite a bit stronger than in my Galil magazines. This should help eliminate some of the last-round FTFs I was having with those magazines.

All in all, a good buy when compared to some of the other options available, and they look exactly like what type of magazine "should" be seen in an AK-101.

Edited by mancat
  • 3 months later...

Yes, except I'm pretty sure the rear locking tab/lug is not reinforced. The info doesn't seem to be out there, and I'm not brave enough to cut into a $25 mag to find out. The clear magazines don't have a reinforced rear lug/tab, so I assume the black ones don't either. The front tab/lug is reinforced, and it also has a reinforced front spine that's about half the length of the mag.

Edited by mancat
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a FYI, the clear mags look great,but they are prone to the same cracking problems that plague the Bulgy clear mags.

I do have a couple and the clear ones do have some cracks in them.The black ones are better from what I hear on the 'net, but I have not been able to find them instock.

Edited by mikebaker1129
  • 4 weeks later...

The Beryls work fine if you reduce the front side's of the magazine to mate with the larger receiver lugs on the Saiga and reduce the interdiction tab to allow them to lock into place. Mine sit high enough that a bullet guide wasn't really necessary. 1500 rounds and 1 ftf that the bullet guide would have avoided. However because the mag sits high, brass will not feed. The bottom of the bolt carrier dents and hangs up on the brass while it scratches over the top of the steel. The black ones are more durable than the clear ones. The Beryls will also take a US made Arsenal base plate to pick up a compliance part if you enlarge the catch hole in the plate slightly.

gallery_33171_687_94567.jpg

gallery_33171_687_196137.jpg

Edited by Jaba1017

Yes, except I'm pretty sure the rear locking tab/lug is not reinforced. The info doesn't seem to be out there, and I'm not brave enough to cut into a $25 mag to find out. The clear magazines don't have a reinforced rear lug/tab, so I assume the black ones don't either. The front tab/lug is reinforced, and it also has a reinforced front spine that's about half the length of the mag.

Disassemble the mag, i.e,. remove the spring and follower like you would for cleaning and run a good magnet around the body of the mag and see if it sticks anywhere. No need to cut up a perfectly good mag.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

In my converted saiga, with a tight magwell, they are AMAZING. I actually prefer them to the circle10s. They require slight modification for a glove like fit, and the only caveat is that they have more polymer locking them in place than on the circle10s

I agree. They are my new mag of choice since Weigers are not currently available. As you state, they lock up nice and tight.