My Saiga 12 is coming along nicely...

Hello all,

I'm a new Saiga owner. I got my S12 already converted from Classic Arms. It took 3 weeks to get the weapon, after they told me they were in stock and ready to go. But that's old news now. Here's my shotgun as I presently have it configured:

Saiga12.jpg

First off, I straightened the pistol grip. It was put on crooked, but it only took a couple minutes to put it on straight and Loctite it down. The grip feels really nice. The gun originally came with a Warsaw-length Tapco stock, but that was way too small for me. (I'm not that big a guy...6'1", 200 lbs...) I added a NATO-length KVar stock and added a recoil reducing buttpad. The length of pull is perfect for me now. I also added a flash hider and V-Plug, as well as bought a few mags.

There are a couple more things I'm going to upgrade before I'm "through". I'm definitely going to have my bolt polished, hopefully I'll find a few spare minutes to get the parts shipped off this week. I'm also definitely going to add a Krebs enhanced safety lever. I have one on my MAK-90, and it's a vast improvement.

I'm very interested in better sights. I'm currently leaning towards the CSS Tactical set. Anyone use these? Any other recommendations?

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-921/CSS-TACTICAL-SAIGA-12/Detail

Lastly, I'm thinking about possibly switching the handguard to this unit:

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-649/KVAR-SAIGA-12-HAND/Detail It's gotten some good reviews, but I'm still not 100% sure...

I've also considered a new puck, but I'm not sure if that would really be worth it. Are there any "must-have" mods that you all think might be a good idea?

Thanks,

Brad

No, I haven't fired it yet. I'm gonna strip out the bolt and FCG and send it off to Pauly for polishing first.

Have you shot it yet? If it cycles everything fine i wouldnt bother with a new puck. Looks good though!

The trigger guard doesn't have any markings on it, so I don't know who makes it. But it's riveted on instead of screws. The color is a bit gray compared to the rest of the gun. Seems really sturdy.

Anyone know where I can get that trigger guard?

That's the one.

Anyone know where I can get that trigger guard?

http://store.carolin...SAIGA-12/Detail

Have you shot it yet? If it cycles everything fine i wouldnt bother with a new puck. Looks good though!

Im no expert but I totally agree. I would test fire the gun to see if it even needs anything. I mean why through away money if you dont have to. If after you test fire, you find the gun is not performing. Then look at sending things off to work.

I had similar plans just like you till I test fired my gun this past weekend, with no FTF, or FTE Id rather save the money for ammo and range time. At the same time though, I totally respect the need to deck out whatever you own. I often do the same =) Cong

Btw..nice saiga! Congrats!

Edited by SDRider
  • 1 month later...