Torn between which furniture

Furniture?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• 2 weeks later...

wood is for tables, metal and polymers is for guns. the only reason why guns used to made of wood was because they didn't have anything better at the time.

In all the technical points this matches my philosophy, and most of my guns bear this out. However, wood has a nice look and feel on some guns. I think my IZ 108 looks classy in a way that it never would in plastic. for an AK 74, It would be a close call for me to say which had more of a classic look to it, bulgy Plum plastic, or bulgy beech refinished nicely. Either has a nice feel.

• 2 weeks later...

With all the pics of guys sporting wood, I thought I'd accidentally stumbled onto the Craigslist personal ads. biggrin.png

post-13226-0-11743100-1332357449_thumb.jpg

Very nice. Wanna do something like that. Might go with an S12 aswell. Yours is great!!!!

is your buttstock type 1 or 2?

Might go with an S12 aswell.

IMO it works better with an S12 than a regular AK. The stock is a little bigger than you'd normally find on an AK, which looks odd on a regular rifle, but more appropriate with the larger dimensions of the S12.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it is a PKM ("type 2") stock. I believe the older PK stock had no raised cheek piece, among other things.

Edited by Mr. Scratch

Might go with an S12 aswell.

IMO it works better with an S12 than a regular AK. The stock is a little bigger than you'd normally find on an AK, which looks odd on a regular rifle, but more appropriate with the larger dimensions of the S12.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it is a PKM ("type 2") stock. I believe the older PK stock had no raised cheek piece, among other things.

I love your S12. It might become a future project. I like having something different than everyone else and you've pulled it off nicely with class. AZG likes alot.

Heres an example of both types:

pkm_buttstock.jpg

The type 2 seems to have a trap door or something in the back???

I think you're right. Type 2 look way better now that I look at the picture. Guess ill have to hold out for a type 2. type 1 is the only one currently in stock. like I have any money for it now anyway. Bitch'n S12 Mr. Scratch. Thanks for sharing.

There is a hinged plate that fits along the buttplate that flips up to a horizontal position so you have something else to brace against the top your shoulder for automatic fire. Really doesn't serve any purpose for a S12. I've had the older PK style stock as well, though not at the same time as I had the PKM stock so I can't make a direct side-by-side comparison. I do seem to remember the older style being quite a bit larger, and that seems to be borne out in the image you showed. IMO it is a bit bigger than the S12 calls for, and people would be better off using the newer "type 2" PKM stock if they want to do this.

Edited by Mr. Scratch
  • Like 1

There is a hinged plate that fits along the buttplate that flips up to a horizontal position so you have something else to brace against the top your shoulder for automatic fire. Really doesn't serve any purpose for a S12. I've had the older PK style stock as well, though not at the same time as I had the PKM stock so I can't make a direct side-by-side comparison. I do seem to remember the older style being quite a bit larger, and that seems to be borne out in the image you showed. IMO it is a bit bigger than the S12 calls for, and people would be better off using the newer "type 2" PKM stock if they want to do this.

You mean, it's got a shoulder thing that goes up???

PanicFlee.gif

• 3 years later...