My Mount and Red Dot

Wow!!!! my mount and red dot came intoday from CDNN. I love it, great mount, great red dot, at a great price. got em both for $80.

Now I gotta go back to the range and put this baby on the mark!!!!!!!

post-3-1078370778.jpg

Edited by Verson

I got the AK side rail low profile with the 45mm Target sports red dot. CDNN has low and high profile, (high) if you need to see the iron sights as well.

I highly reccomend CDNN, if you are thinking about ordering something for you saiga.

Cheers!

:chris:

post-3-1078371327.jpg

Edited by Verson
  • 2 months later...

I have that same mount and a very similar red dot on my saiga-20, looks exactly the same (other than the logo on the scope) 1x45 right?

I've mounted it 2 notches further back (where the adjustable pin is the closest to the front pin on the weaver rail). I havent sighted it in yet either, but i DO have my 100 yd. target here from my first trip to the range and i'll soon be posting pics.

I also have a buttpad (walmart- $10) with a shell sleeve on the stock over that ($5 at mil surplus store) and a 5 shell neoprene sling ($8 at walmart).

Makes it look 200% better from stock, AND allows for 10 more shells on the gun.

I'd add a bipod on the front because this thing is surprisingly accurate stock but I mainly shoot skeet so that would throw off my balance, guess i won't... for now.

it's definitely bitchin'!

• 3 weeks later...

evisr8r: yep its a 1X45.

and yep that is a couch ;) my GF looks much better holding the Saiga than the poor old white couch.

The only problem I got with my red dot scope is that when I go to the range during the day and the sun is all bright I have one hell of a time seeing the red dot. :( that sucks big time. I mean, hell it so very awesome inside I can locate targets so quickly with both eyes open its scary. But I go to the range and I dont even know if the dot is on the brod side of a barn.

Does anyone else have this problem? or is it just my scope? my scope is a 5 dot moa I think, with 7 levels of power.

I've been shooting clays reciently had to take the red dot off, and I must say the saiga is much different, and harder to get use to. With my friends 12 ga Mossberg I have very little trouble hitting 8 of 8 or 7 of 8, barrel up or barrel starting from the ground. When I first used the 20 ga saiga, I was appalled at how low my score was. I took the saiga out yesterday and tried again, this time with much better results. Still not as good as the mossberg, but I'm getting there. I think I hit usually a good 3 of 5 to 4 of 5 avrage with a few perfects. One thing I love is following up with the second shot is so easy. No reductionnis time from having to pump, and extra movement of the gun as you pump it.

• 4 months later...