Nikon M-223 1-4x20 Point Blank scope

Hi all,

Does anyone have Nikon M-223 1-4x20 Point Blank scope?

Grafs com and Primary Arms are selling it for $229.

I'd like to put it on a low-mount for lower 1/3 co-witness with iron sights on my converted .223 Saiga.

Any shared information on mount (it has 1" tube OD)?

I'd like to have it mounted to the side rail.

Happy shooting!

(Add-on) just received suggestion: if budget is tight (and expectations are inline with budget), why not to try Bushnell Banner 1-4 x 32mm, Matte [711432] for 1/4 of the Nikon's street price

Any thoughts?

Edited by Makc

Hi all,

Does anyone have Nikon M-223 1-4x20 Point Blank scope?

Grafs com and Primary Arms are selling it for $229.

I'd like to put it on a low-mount for lower 1/3 co-witness with iron sights on my converted .223 Saiga.

Any shared information on mount (it has 1" tube OD)?

I'd like to have it mounted to the side rail.

Happy shooting!

Won't work.

You're not going to be able to co-witness a magnifying optic with irons. The "1x" setting is really a 1.1x setting or so, and while you can shoot both eyes open easily enough, you will not be able to focus on the irons properly looking through the optic.

On top of that, but when you zoom in, those irons will magnify too and take up your sight picture.

I agree with sickness about co-witnessing.

I picked up the BDC version on another forum because it was a steal ($170 with Nikon mount). I put it on a 20" AR before my replacement gas block got here, and it was right in line with the front sight post. At 4X, the post could not even be seen, but at 1X it just took up the sight picture. If you barely shift your cheek weld or move laterally, the crosshairs move with your eyes, but the FSB stays put. At 1x, depending on how you are lined up on the scope, the front sight could be well to the left or right of the scope's crosshairs.

As far as the glass, it blows the Millett DMS and Bushnell out of the water in clarity. It is not illuminated, but it is very light. solid 1" rings are cheap and plentiful (I have no experience with side-mounts on aks).

The target turrets it has piss me off: I originally wanted to put it on my 16" 450 bushmaster, but the target turrets are way too easy to accidentally move for hunting.

I was going to run irons in 3-gun, but since I have it, I'll try out the nikon for now.

Thanks Guys,

That's some good info.

I was also thinking about Bushnell "Dusk to Dawn" 1-4x; but thanks to Rexican for feedback, will save my pennies and stick with Nikon.

I, actually, would rather have BDC reticle.

The bushnell could still be a good choice, depending on what you're going to use it for. It has that larger objective, and could be better if you're going to be shooting a lot in low light. I haven't been able to play with a bushnell outside of a well-lit store. There are lots of good 1-4X scopes out there, and it may be good to try as many as you can before you buy. The size, weight, and reticle all come down to personal preference (and my friends will be the first ones to tell you that I'm a very particular a-hole).

Heck, I was looking for a Burris Tac-30 before I found this deal.

The M223 still does ok in low light: here's a pic at 1X with all the kitchen lights off (took it a couple minutes ago). trying to take one at 4X was an excercise in futility.

The BDC dots are VERY small, but Nikon has a really cool "Spot-On" free online ballistics program that allows you to see how other calibers or bullet profiles will match up to the BDC. I'm undecided as to whether I like them or not.

The M223 is also made in the Phillipines, if that makes any difference to you.

post-36124-0-51438400-1322699596_thumb.jpgpost-36124-0-82206300-1322699611_thumb.jpg

What's the best waay to mount a scope like this on aa saiga/ak?

My call is AK/Saiga Scope rail, utilizing side mount ("high" or "low" is up to you).

Check Kalinka Optics: http://kalinkaoptics.com/mounts.html

Other way is top rail, like Texas Weapons systems, Krebs' or like.

Do not rely on cover-based cheepos to hold zero well.

• Like 1