No saiga 12 deals this weekend? I need a 2011

Maybe I missed it, but are there any good deals going on right now on new Saiga 12s? The AR industry has had some crazy ass deals and I took advantage of them. I thought for sure that some site vendors here would be laying out something that we can't resist.

Were was I during the AR deals?I had money burning holes in my pockets, but could only find some shirts. No need for a new tv, or kindle. I wanted a Saiga 7.62

.big_smile.gif

I got deals on....

TROY Alpha battlerail 9"

TROY Alpha Battlerail 13"

TROY DOA flip up rear sight

2- TROY TRX cooling hole QD sockets

BCM blem upper

PW Billet AR buffer tube wQD sockets

AR barrel nut

MAGPUL ACS stock

Centurion Arms 11.5" LW CHF barrel

Noveske 11.5" SS barrel with Switchblock

.... and I'm out of play cash for a while. I may even have to offload some stuff to get a new Saiga 12. Pleanty of stuff around here that I'm not using though.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

whats so good about the 11. i bought mine from www.Bwoutfitters.net for $595 plus 20 bucks shipping. in oct this year.

i have shot 100 slugs though it and it wont cycle any bird shot, not even come close to ejecting them. but it hasn't missed a beat with slugs. and its very accurate with rifled slugs.

it has 4 gas ports, i don't know what i will try next to get it to cycle the shit

whats so good about the 11. i bought mine from www.Bwoutfitters.net for $595 plus 20 bucks shipping. in oct this year.

i have shot 100 slugs though it and it wont cycle any bird shot, not even come close to ejecting them. but it hasn't missed a beat with slugs. and its very accurate with rifled slugs.

it has 4 gas ports, i don't know what i will try next to get it to cycle the shit

Mainly, I just want to examine the differences between it and the other 6 that I have owned. I am particularly interested in the dimensions of the barrel hood and if they have made any small changes to the lock-up portion of the trunnion. I have done a barrel hood extension before and it is extremely time consuming to make it slick and make it look factory. I would like to get one that comes with an extended barrel hood. The other reliability mods aren't such an ass pain to do. 4 ports from the factory would be nice too.

if i knew how to measure any of that i would do it or you, i'm in tampa i can let you check it out if your out this.

even with the 4 ports it wont shoot the cheap shit. it shoots low recoil slugs no problem, i think i'm going to try the low recoil kit here

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-967/Saiga-12-low-brass/Detail

and see if that helps

if i knew how to measure any of that i would do it or you, i'm in tampa i can let you check it out if your out this.

even with the 4 ports it wont shoot the cheap shit. it shoots low recoil slugs no problem, i think i'm going to try the low recoil kit here

http://store.carolin...ow-brass/Detail

and see if that helps

Try the CSS puck first before replacing the original recoil spring with the "low brass reliability spring". You will be limited in what you can safely fire after that spring is installed. No more good buck or slugs....

i wondered about that. i was going to call and ask, really i only shot low recoil stuff (buck,rifled slugs) anyway. but i don't want to brake anything

Just try the CSS puck and see if there is any improvement. Have you tried any Federal Multi-purpose yet? Winchester Universal is not really something that I would expect a factory S12 to run well. All 6 of mine have needed extensive work to run it reliably.

BTW I just bought a 2011 S12 of GB for $610 shipped. Looking at the prices lately, I don't really see a deal coming along anytime soon that would be significantly better.

Can you say..... TAC47 M.A.G.12 ?

It will undergo an AK100 install and a few other minor mods before I send it to TAC47 for the M.A.G.12 install though.

Are your problems with feeding or ejection? I ask because when my gun was new it had all the regular reliability issues you read about here. I was reading the polish bolt thread and saw the extractor slot mod. This is not something that should be attempted unless you are confident in your abilities, although it only takes a half a minuet. Apparently you can do damage if you remove too much material, so I just barely removed the sharp edges with light strokes. I don't know if my gun was finally broken in or what, but after this mod my gun has been perfect with bulk pack ammo. This was done before I polished anything internal like the bolt or rails. I later polished the internals for easy mag insertion, and basically because I was bored; but the gun was already functioning flawlessly.

Let me be clear, I am not suggesting anyone attempt this mod! I am meerly reporting one mans experience. The extractor slot mod may have done nothing at all, I had put about four or five hundered rounds through her at the time. It may have been a coincidence, but for me it felt like that was what did it for my gun.

I am not discounting the value of port work or polishing, friction reduction and appropriate gas levels are critical for reliability with the Saiga-12!

Are your problems with feeding or ejection? I ask because when my gun was new it had all the regular reliability issues you read about here. I was reading the polish bolt thread and saw the extractor slot mod. This is not something that should be attempted unless you are confident in your abilities, although it only takes a half a minuet. Apparently you can do damage if you remove too much material, so I just barely removed the sharp edges with light strokes. I don't know if my gun was finally broken in or what, but after this mod my gun has been perfect with bulk pack ammo. This was done before I polished anything internal like the bolt or rails. I later polished the internals for easy mag insertion, and basically because I was bored; but the gun was already functioning flawlessly.

Let me be clear, I am not suggesting anyone attempt this mod! I am meerly reporting one mans experience. The extractor slot mod may have done nothing at all, I had put about four or five hundered rounds through her at the time. It may have been a coincidence, but for me it felt like that was what did it for my gun.

I am not discounting the value of port work or polishing, friction reduction and appropriate gas levels are critical for reliability with the Saiga-12!

That mirrored my situation as well.

I would definitely suggest reading the how to polish your bolt threads. I polished my bolt, hand cycled it alot, and shot several hundred rounds threw it. Now its broke in and shoots like a champ only thing I bought to improve the cycling was an md arms gas booster plug.