uncertain on pistol grips? help me decide? Izzy PG or US palms BG?

hello fellow Saiga owners!!!

i am in need of your opinion!

i am stuck between 2 pistol grips for my saiga 12!

either Russian Izzy PG or US palms BG?

please help me decide!

i shoot turkey shots (2 3/4 rifled 1oz slugs) @ 100 yards prone, standing, or crouched.

and the only other time is clay, skeet, or trap shooting with walmart 100 round cheap stuff (federal/winchester/etc..)

I currently have the POS saw grip, which feels okay with the slugs, but when shooting clay (personally) i felt like i shoot better with it when it was in long gun form than pistol grip?

I basically want a grip where i can perform comfortably thru the types of shooting that i do.

I've heard alot of good things about the us palm battle grips but mostly everyone talks about the Izzy grip being way superior to any grip out there for the AK platform.

the looks of the US palm BG catches my eye, Izzy PG is common but I've heard nothing but good things about em'.

please fellow Saiga owner's help me decide!

thanx,

sffred

post-34632-0-57256300-1322376743.jpg

post-34632-0-96817800-1322376754.jpg

As many of us have done over the years, try different ones and see which feels or looks the best to you. Asking us which is best for you will only tell you which we find fits US best, as our hands and perceptions of beauty all vary. I have to agree about the hogue grip being comfy however.

• Like 1

Hogue! I use them on everything I can. IMHO, most comfortable grip out there. If using a tapco PG nut, you'll have to either shim the nut up or remove material from the bottom of it. If you use the CSS trigger guard with integrated grip nut, the hogue grip has to have some material removed to accommodate the thicker trigger guard. But these are EASY fixes to use an awesome grip!

• Like 1

Hogue! I use them on everything I can. IMHO, most comfortable grip out there. If using a tapco PG nut, you'll have to either shim the nut up or remove material from the bottom of it. If you use the CSS trigger guard with integrated grip nut, the hogue grip has to have some material removed to accommodate the thicker trigger guard. But these are EASY fixes to use an awesome grip!

I also use the Hogue on everything I can. It fits my meat hooks perfect.

I also use the Hogue on everything I can. It fits my meat hooks perfect.

Wish the one on my AR was a little thicker up the back.

I vote none of the above. Google Ronin's Grips, and freak out at the huge selection....027.gif

Checked out the "huge" (16) selection... MEH, did not freak out. None look to be as comfy as the Hogue.

To each his own. As far as grips go, find 16 different varieties anywhere else. Hogue... yeah well, if you want to follow the herd I guess thats your best bet....

There is always the AR15 grip adapter. I have one on order, and am going to try it with an ar15 UTG combat sniper grip. We'll see how that all plays out.. I'll give a report on it as soon as I get the parts on the gun. The UTG is nice, fat, double palm swell, rubberized, seems to be made very well. Probably going to have to modify it to get it on the S12 though.

To each his own. As far as grips go, find 16 different varieties anywhere else. Hogue... yeah well, if you want to follow the herd I guess thats your best bet....

I go with what is best for me -- "herd" influence, peer pressure, whatever -- I think only the insecure are worried about those things if it interferrs with a decision but as you say; to each his own.

• Like 1

I looked at a lot of different grips. I guess I was fortunate to have a shop that didn't mind opening packages to get a perfect fit. I purchased CAAs # UPG47. Several of forum vendors carry this as well. What sold me were the interchangeable finger grip and palm area profiles. You get 3 of each and it's almost like putting together a custom pistol grip for yourself. I had a SAW grip and now it's buried in the spare parts barrell. It doesn't do anything for your 922 compliance being designed and made in Israel. There are plenty of other areas for that. Just remember that any country who has messed with the Jews have had their asses handed to them. The same tenacity goes into their R&D. HooaH

• 5 months later...

try different ones and see which feels or looks the best to you. Asking us which is best for you will only tell you which we find fits US best, as our hands and perceptions of beauty all vary..

that is the best answer in this entire thread

I looked at a lot of different grips. I guess I was fortunate to have a shop that didn't mind opening packages to get a perfect fit. I purchased CAAs # UPG47. Several of forum vendors carry this as well. What sold me were the interchangeable finger grip and palm area profiles. You get 3 of each and it's almost like putting together a custom pistol grip for yourself. I had a SAW grip and now it's buried in the spare parts barrell. It doesn't do anything for your 922 compliance being designed and made in Israel. There are plenty of other areas for that. Just remember that any country who has messed with the Jews have had their asses handed to them. The same tenacity goes into their R&D. HooaH

Actually, since it's foreign, it counts AGAINST your parts count meaning that instead of the normal 15 parts, you now have 16...

I had a light mount made by CAA and I used the same logic, then it just fucking came apart one day...