uncertain on pistol grips? help me decide? Izzy PG or US palms BG?

The izzy grip is the worse grip you can put on an AK. It gets tossed just about all the time. I personally like the US PALM grip, the MD Arms Molot style grip is awesome and the ever popular Hogue. Those three round up my favorite grips that are used on all of my AK's.

Having said that, grips are highly personal, some highly recommend that you try them before you buy. They are also pretty inexpensive, so if you don't like one, you can always buy another.

• 4 months later...

Hogue schmogue. Get the MDA Molot grip. Then you feel like you are holding a weapon.

And yes, I have both.

Besides, it's made in the USA by Mike F'n Davidson!

Boy has my opinion changed since this post! I now have 2 of these Hogue grips on two of my AKM's and now it is my favorite grip.

Hogue for me (now)

If you decide to go with an AR adapter the only logical choice to me (my opinion) is the G21 it's on all my AR's and I even put one on my M4 in Iraq. I spent about two months as a S.A.W. gunner and fell in love with that grip on anything but an AR. It's on my 47 my 74 and my S12. Yes I'm aware the OP already referred to it as a POS but to each his own. It fills the hand in the right places and allows a tighter grip up high and that's why I like it on an AK platform (my opinion). Oh and to the OP it is better and easier to shoot Trap & skeet in sporter stock configuration. Ever seen a dedicated Skeet or Trap gun with a pistol grip? There is a reason. Not that you can't dust clays with a PG I've done it alot but I'm way better with a traditional stock.