Best Saiga 12

Hello everyone!

I have been looking on this forum for a while, and with all the great information to be shared I decided to join yesterday. And for my first post, I have a question.....which is the best Saiga 12 to purchase?

The reason I ask is because after doing research, I actually have more questions than I do answers. There are several importers.....so should I buy a Saiga 12 that is imported from a particular company? And the gas port issue....should I be looking at a particular year of manufacture? I'm about to make my first Saiga 12 purchase, so I just want to make sure that I get the most for my money and that I don't buy a Saiga that has more issues than others.

Thank you in advance for any and all information!

They all come from the same factory and are all the same gun. Remember that if somebody has a shooter right out of the box, there is really no reason to post about this as the person will be too busy shooting and having fun022.gif If you are able to shop in person and there are a few to choose from, check the gas ports as this is the only issue that is not easily addressed in the conversion process. Any issue that may arise can be easily dealt with by the info contained on this forum or by one of the business members. Welcomebeer.gif

• Like 1

welcome, they all come out of the same factory in mother russia. an importer is merely a middle man, bringing them in to the U.S.

if you are looking to buy a NIB s12. with a standard 19" barrel. i think you should be mostly searching by price.

naturally buying face to face or at a show gives one the luxury of inspecting it. i purchased mine from atlantic arms through their web site. i did the conversion and upgrades myself. keep in mind that these are combat shotguns. they were not designed to use wimppy ammo. apparently many do right from the box. mine did not. however it will cycle most anything now.

so it's impossible to know exactly what upgraded parts or modifications a new s12 may need, until you get your hands on it. it might require none. many times a part swap or mod is just personal preference..

Just to reiterate, the S12 is designed to shoot military rounds and HD rounds.(00buck, slugs, other high power rounds) There is only a very small percentage of new guns that won't do this. My bet is that if you buy one it will fire these rounds no problem. Welcome to the forum.

I looked all over. Before you place your order CALL AHEAD and make sure they actually have a the gun in stock! There are a low number of saigas currently available for sale. I've heard rumors of them re-tooling their factory and thus the number available has dropped a bit. Whatever the case may be, I called 5 or 6 different places that had them in stock on their web sites, but did not actually have any on hand. budsgunshop.com has EAA saiga 12s for $625 shipped to your FFL. They are also the only dealer i could find who actually had them in-hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to everyone that replied to my question. All of the information is most appreciated. Through asking around, I was able to find a Saiga 12 that is imported by Century Arms. I just have to ask.....because of the reputation of Century Arms, should I stay away from this Saiga or do you think it's okay to purchase? Afterall, they are just the middle man, right?

Thank you to everyone that replied to my question. All of the information is most appreciated. Through asking around, I was able to find a Saiga 12 that is imported by Century Arms. I just have to ask.....because of the reputation of Century Arms, should I stay away from this Saiga or do you think it's okay to purchase? Afterall, they are just the middle man, right?

Right.

IMHO, if you are buying the s12 in the sporter config. ( no conversion ) then Century is fine.

But my experience in buying some AK 74's from them converted, is that they change out the barrel from chrome lined to not chrome lined.

Welcome to the forum. Great stuff here.

Will