Fast question about tapco g2 trigger

I have ordered the tapco g2 (single hook) trigger and I have looked up how to install it and I feel I can accomplish the task but I am not sure about one thing. Do I have to convert to a pistol grip style stock or can I keep the shotgun style stock like it currently has on it. I do not want to convert over to the pistol style since I am currently working on some other things for the stock and would like to keep it the way it comes from the factory just with a better trigger. Thank you for your help.

Ok, that is what I would prefer (to keep the hunter style stock), does anyone know roughly how much farther the trigger will be moved forward after the new trigger is installed.

I would classify the the extra reach as unreasonable. I would leave the trigger the way it is unless you plan on doing the pistol grip conversion. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Ok, that is what I would prefer (to keep the hunter style stock), does anyone know roughly how much farther the trigger will be moved forward after the new trigger is installed.

I would classify the the extra reach as unreasonable. I would leave the trigger the way it is unless you plan on doing the pistol grip conversion. Just my 2 cents.

I would agree.

2 1/2'' I'd say

I also would like to keep the standard Saiga stock on my 5.45.

After 600 rounds through my Saiga, and constant attention to keeping the trigger linkage contact points well lubed with WeaponShield CLP, the trigger seems to be about the same as my Yugo AK with Tapco G2. The Yugo trigger is a bit lighter, but then, I have shot it for a few years, plus I gave it a little polish before I installed it.

Really, the Saiga trigger is not nearly as bad as it is made out to be. If it could easily be removed and the contact areas polished, it could be made into an excellent trigger.

I also would like to keep the standard Saiga stock on my 5.45.

After 600 rounds through my Saiga, and constant attention to keeping the trigger linkage contact points well lubed with WeaponShield CLP, the trigger seems to be about the same as my Yugo AK with Tapco G2. The Yugo trigger is a bit lighter, but then, I have shot it for a few years, plus I gave it a little polish before I installed it.

Really, the Saiga trigger is not nearly as bad as it is made out to be. If it could easily be removed and the contact areas polished, it could be made into an excellent trigger.

A lot of good comments here.