Which Gun Should I Sell?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which Gun Should I Sell

• WW2 M1 Garand from the CMP
    • Springfield 1911
    • Bushmaster A2 AR15
    • Dont sell any, save your money and resist the urge to buy every Saiga you see.

A Saiga 223 came up for sell on the local forum I frequent. It has a basic conversion done to it. He is probably a bit too high, but not terribly. Problem is however I just bought my first S12 that Im pumped to start tinkering with so I dont have any gun money. If I want this Saiga 223 Ill have to sell one of the guns listed in the poll. Please help me decide what I should do. If you think I should sell one of the guns listed above, please explain why.....Thanks!

Edited by JaredC

If your AR currently feeds steel cased ammo with no problems, then keep it and wait until you have the funds to buy a Saiga 223.

If all it will feed is brass, then ditch the bitch.

At $299 plus shipping/FFL fees, buy a bone stock Saiga 223 & restore it when you have a little more money.

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments. I bought the AR within 5 days of moving out of CA since never in my life had I been able to buy one. I left before the whole bullet button got popular. Problem with the AR is I really want to sell it and build my own, but Im gonna take such a loss on it since I bought it when the prices were way up on them. As far as feeding it steel cased ammo, I guess Ive never tried, so I have no idea. I will say that Ive never ever had a FTF or FTE with it.

The beauty of the AR is you can just build another upper for it cheap. Find deals on individual parts as they come around. Once you have all the parts you need, build it up.

The .223 Saigas are, and probably will remain, cheap and fairly plentiful. Once you gather the coin, finding an inexpensive one shouldn't be to hard.

Besides, you might want to hold onto that AR as it sounds like it is your "freedom" gun. Free from the oppressive CA laws.

Everytime I've sold a gun I've regretted it. Resist the urge. What else can you sell? As someone on this forum has already pointed out, you only need one kidney.

Same here. Ive only ever sold 2 guns my whole like. One was a post 64 Winchester 30-30 and the other a Mossberg 500. I sold those to buy and AR in 308 before Obama was elected, but then I got laid off so that didnt really go as planned...:( I could sell a kidney, but that will take too long and Im not that patient. What about a good wife? I wonder how much she'd fetch......grimace.gif

On second thought... I'll buy you a brand new saiga 223 for either of those 3 guns!!! Straight up trade!

Funny. Maybe I should have been more specific. I planned on selling one of the guns and using SOME of the money left for a 223.

The reason I voted to sell the bush master is you can get our money out of it

No, I wont be able to get close to my money out of it. I paid waayy more than what they are going for now.

The more I think about it, I dont really care enough about having a Saiga 223 if it means selling one of my guns. However, if I find a Saiga 308 with a 22" barrel this weekend, one of those guns gotta go. Probably be the AR as I want to build my own now anyways. Although I could probably turn a profit on the M1 and turn around and buy another from the CMP. We will have to see whats at the show.

Well gun show came and went. Saw a few S12's for about $700, lol. Saw one 223 that had all kinds of tacticool bolt on stuff but unconverted for $600. No 308s in sight.....wet_eyes.gif

Guess that means I can put my AR back in the safe and keep it.

• Like 1