New 2011 production / Questions

Do the newest Saiga 12's being imported with the plastic barrel thread cover all have the extended barrel hood ?? Or, is it a crap shoot and some of them have it and others do not. And...........are there any other differences in the latest guns ??

Finally, is there any truth to the rumor that the factory is shut down for tool / machine work ??

I just ordered one and I will be checking it out thoroughly. I have only handled one 2011 model and there were a few subtle changes, but nothing major. I suspect that there may have been some minor changes elsewhere.

Plastic barrel nut

Extended hood

longer feedramp (same old ramp, but machined better)

I didn't look at the ports

Mine will be in-hand in about a week. I will report what I find.

See if it has the auto bolt hold open too. I was curious about those.

I'm confident that the one that I bought does not have a factory LRBHO. I would rather have the one that Gunfxr has developed. It sounds like a winner.

• 1 month later...

Hello, just joined this forum. I purchased my first Saiga 12 as an early Christmas present! I got it on Gunbroker for $575 plus $25 shipping and $20 transfer to my FFL. Mine is a Sept. 2011 model, according to the paperwork. It has the plastic thread protector, 4 gas ports, side scope mount and BHO...the BHO is manual, not "automatic"...it is easy to engage one handed by using your thumb to retract the carrier, and finger to push the lever up. It definitely makes inserting loaded mags and drums much easier. I'm not sure what is meant by the extended barrel hood though, as compared to an earlier model. Haven't heard of any rumors about closing the plant...

I also have a 2011 -- purchased online from Atlantic Firearms on sale a few months back -- manual BHO, 4 ports, and extended hood. Had read that the "older" models had 4 ports, and the newer 2 or 3, but obviously there's a run of 2011's with 4 ports out here..... Mine is also stamped "Legion USA". ...

• 4 weeks later...