No go. Even the local custom machinists are booked 24/7. Wolf Performance did say they are trying to get some Saiga specific spares in sometime early next year. We will see. Does anybody else have any inside ideas? Are we all just one broken/lost part from being "out of action"? HB of CJ (old coot)

The only way to get a spare part is to buy a second gun. I have 5 S-12 I am converting 4 of them and leaving the last one as NIB just in case. There were two parts kit saigas a 7.62X39 and a S-12 on gunbroker a few months ago that a PD had conficated them complete guns and had a local gundealer demill them and sell the parts kit as a way to get income for there department. I think it is a great idea for a department to help get funds instead of just scraping the gun it lets us law abiding people get spare parts cheap from bolt action rifle to a AK.

The only way to get a spare part is to buy a second gun. I have 5 S-12 I am converting 4 of them and leaving the last one as NIB just in case. There were two parts kit saigas a 7.62X39 and a S-12 on gunbroker a few months ago that a PD had conficated them complete guns and had a local gundealer demill them and sell the parts kit as a way to get income for there department. I think it is a great idea for a department to help get funds instead of just scraping the gun it lets us law abiding people get spare parts cheap from bolt action rifle to a AK.

Sorry but I will disagree, ITS A TERRIBLE idea. It gives the LEO's and incentive to seize guns and even more of an incentive to NOT give them back. Ive had a gun seized and sold to a gun store b/c I couldnt provide proof of ownership. Can you provide proof of ownership for all your guns?

This is what the LEO's do with all guns here, If its in decent shape they trade it for "credit" at the gunstore. Not sure about murder weapons but everything else is fair game.

As for spare parts, yeah buy a second gun. Its really the only option right now.

ETA The departments around here sure as hell dont need more funds anyway, seems every year they have the newest chargers and all the cool shit they want. They have enough schemes to get money without stealing guns and selling them back to the public!

Edited by big-J
  • Like 1

It must suck where you live where I live in WV they preety much leave you alone on the proof of ownership as long as if they run the numbers and it does not come back as reported stolen they understand the flea market, gun show hand me down thing the only way you loss you gun around here is if you are a convicted felon in possession of a fire arm, selling drugs out of your house, or some other felony. When I was 23 I got a misdimenor for conceld carry and brandishing and got my gun back 3 months later. I did get lucky on that a kid pulled a knife on me and I was defending myself that is why it is now exsponged from my record. But I guess you could be right is some areas it could be used as a money scam for departments

It must suck where you live where I live in WV they preety much leave you alone on the proof of ownership as long as if they run the numbers and it does not come back as reported stolen they understand the flea market, gun show hand me down thing the only way you loss you gun around here is if you are a convicted felon in possession of a fire arm, selling drugs out of your house, or some other felony. When I was 23 I got a misdimenor for conceld carry and brandishing and got my gun back 3 months later. I did get lucky on that a kid pulled a knife on me and I was defending myself that is why it is now exsponged from my record. But I guess you could be right is some areas it could be used as a money scam for departments

They dont normally ask for proof of ownership, but I had a S&W 1006 seized at the time they thought it may have been used in a shooting that just occurred at my house. I wasnt there, I came home with it and they took it. Along with the gun that was used. Charges were filed ALL were dismissed as justified self defense and they told me to get screwed on getting my guns back!! I believe it is up to the cop who seizes it b/c I was told directly by the detective he would not release it without proof of ownership or a judges order. It was cheaper to buy new guns than take them to court. So they got my guns. Just goes to show you can do nothing wrong and lose your guns, especially when they have a better reason to keep them than give them back.016.gif

Sorry bout hijacking the thread HB, back on topic now

Edited by big-J

WOW, I didn't realize that it was that tough getting spare parts! Those that work in machine shops, consider yourselves lucky! I don't have the set up at home, but I am the QA/QC mgr on 2nd shift at my plant, and we have a tight crew there. It doesn't hurt that most are hunters/shooters! ;)

Right now you can get a stock saiga 7.62X39 for $299 it is worth that as a parts gun. I just bought a numbers matching trunion,bolt, carrier, and top cover for a AK105 build and have $200 tied up in it with out the complete barrel assembly.

if you are talking about saiga rifle parts, K-var carries most of the parts you might need. also, most of the internal parts, with exception of the bolt, ak 74 parts will work. S-12 parts though, might require a new shotgun.

Specific parts for the Saiga 12 and Saiga .308 would include the complete bolt assemblies, stripped bolts, extractors and plungers and springs and firing pins with spring. I already have a Tromix Saiga 12 firing pin.

Other nice to have spares would include the recoil spring assembly, top cover, piston tube, the mag catch and change lever assembly and all the little springs and pins which already may be available. HB of CJ (old coot)