WPA Military Classic HP

This ammo is has been getting nearly impossible to locate lately.

I managed to find a local store with a case of the ammo with this particular printed box. Has this box print been discontinued?

ilgj2e.jpg

I checked the hollowpoints and the jacket ridges are inside. This is 8m3 for sure. I have no way of getting a manufacture date.

Does anyone have a different printed box for WPA MC HP? I been trying for months to find any and this is all I could.

The big online stores are sold out.

This ammo is has been getting nearly impossible to locate lately.

I managed to find a local store with a case of the ammo with this particular printed box. Has this box print been discontinued?

I checked the hollowpoints and the jacket ridges are inside. This is 8m3 for sure. I have no way of getting a manufacture date.

Does anyone have a different printed box for WPA MC HP? I been trying for months to find any and this is all I could.

The big online stores are sold out.

Either grab this old stock or try the new Tulammo 124GR HP. New WPA Military Classic does not have the 8M3 bullet.

I compared a new WPA 124 HP with an older white box Uly 8M3: dimensions and weight identical (including Uly "pepsi" headstamp), exact same depth and diameter hollow point, with the same number of jacket striations on the interior and same exact ogive pattern. I spoke with the black rifle guy at Turners, and he said it is the same bullet. He said Uly is only making one 124 grain HP. Tula Ammo is all made by Uly, as is Wolf 124 HP Military Classic. I tend to agree with him. This forum is the only place I have heard it is different. I do know that Wolf 122 HP black box is NOT made by Uly, and it does not expand like the Uly made 124s

124 grains instead of 122, slightly more rounded ogive (122 HPs look slightly pointier), slightly larger HP opening, and grooves inside the hollow point that are very pronounced, and you can feel them running a pin around the inside. Some of the old white box is marked 123 grain. The Russians measure by grams, not grains, so it is not exact making the conversion.

Edited by imarangemaster

Herters and Tula Ammo use the (edited: 124 HP and) 122 HP, not the same. It has to be 124 grain. I have only found 8M3 in Wolf Military Classic 124 HP, white box generic Russian "Hunting Ammo" usually listed as 124 and sometimes 123 grain, and "Sapsan" marked hunting ammo. The white box stuff usually has "8M" or "8M3" somewhere on it, usually the rear of the box.

Edited by imarangemaster

Of all the Russian import ammo bullet designs, 8m3 has the most effective terminal performance.

Hornady plastic tip 7.62x39 is the American equivalent for all practical purposes.

http://www.youtube.c...u/0/mhyZ9ZoPJ90

WMCULYHP_3.jpg

WMCULYHP_41.jpg

Any chance of getting this dissection of the new WPA and Tulammo 124gr bullets to end the discussion?

Any chance of getting this dissection of the new WPA and Tulammo 124gr bullets to end the discussion?

I am having to guess that the new ammo is coming in boxes marked WPA. I have not been able to get ahold of a WPA Mil Classic HP box or a Tula 124 gr HP box.

aw76239mhp.jpg

Edited by my762buzz

I am having to guess that the new ammo is coming in boxes marked WPA. I have not been able to get a hold of a WPA Mil Classic HP box or a Tula 124 gr HP box.

I have both, where are you located?

I am having to guess that the new ammo is coming in boxes marked WPA. I have not been able to get a hold of a WPA Mil Classic HP box or a Tula 124 gr HP box.

I have both, where are you located?

PM sent

Just to reaffirm whether anyone wants to check:

The easy check method is to center punch shoot 1 gallon milk jugs filled with water. The jugs should expode pretty dramatically more than any other Russian ammo type and there should be fragmented bullet pieces which will be strong evidense.

ulyhp0hc.jpg

Edited by my762buzz

I just gave up looking, I used to keep a few mags loaded with Remington PSP, feeds perfect , does a good job expanding and may penetrate a bit better than Russian SP in "hardened" targets.

I have a feeling politics killed that 8M3 bullet.

Personally I hate to take a hit from any of these.

Herters goes on sale Saturday at cabelas for 3.49 a box and I'm going to stock up and wondering if hp is a smarter purchase than Fmj.

$4.49, up from $3.79 the day before.

Yup sorry. I got it for 3.79. Got 1000 rnds for 190 something. Which for me is cheaper than anywhere else becuase of shipping. Kid at the register asked if I was starting a militia when I threw 58 boxes on the counter. haha. I got 80rnds of 154gr SP and 80rnds 122gr HP to test out too.

I have some Tulammo 124gr HP, and did the pin test. you can feel the fail cuts inside the cavity. Contrary to myth, Wolf, Uly, and Tulammo are three entirely separate companies. Wolf even put out a memo on this:

http://www.wolfammo.com/pdf/WOLF_Packaging_Alert.pdf

I, for one, have had accuracy issues with Wolf out of both my SKS and my Arsenal. As it stands, all my "stacking" ammo is either Tulammo(both FMJ and HP) or Yugo M67. Wolf is reserved for mag dumps.

I have some Tulammo 124gr HP, and did the pin test. you can feel the fail cuts inside the cavity. Contrary to myth, Wolf, Uly, and Tulammo are three entirely separate companies. Wolf even put out a memo on this:

http://www.wolfammo....aging_Alert.pdf

I, for one, have had accuracy issues with Wolf out of both my SKS and my Arsenal. As it stands, all my "stacking" ammo is either Tulammo(both FMJ and HP) or Yugo M67. Wolf is reserved for mag dumps.

True but Tulammo here in the US distributes ammo made by Tula and Uly.

http://tulammousa.com/media/

It would appear Tula/Uly stopped providing Wolf MC according to the Tula ammo letter. Just means we want to buy Tula ammo 124 HP, which now seems to be available.

Well, I read the open letter and it makes perfect sense. 122 gr hp has been a Tula made long boattail bullet that the Wolf label used.

123 gr hollowpoint was always a bear bullet. 124 gr hp was Uly since the whilte box label/sapsan/mil classic.

Vympel is golden tiger but no current hp offering in the USA. A Uly 8m3 bullet in a Vympel loaded golden tiger laquered case would be absolutely awesome. The dream team.

Dear Great TULAMMO USA Customer,

In connection with our ongoing promotion and support of TULAMMO products, we want to be sure that all of our customers are aware of the types of ammunition being supplied in the U.S. from the Tula and Ulyanovsk Cartridge Works in Russia. TULAMMO USA was formed for the sole purpose of distributing the TULAMMO brand of ammunition from these two factories. The Tula and Ulyanovsk Cartridge Works no longer support or produce any of the “Wolf” brands of ammunition. Please note that:

TULAMMO is not WOLF Performance Ammunition

TULAMMO is not WOLF Military Classic Ammunition

TULAMMO is not WOLF GOLD Ammunition

TULAMMO is not WPA (WOLF Performance Ammunition)

TULAMMO is not WPA (WOLF Performance Ammunition) Military Classic

TULAMMO is not Wolf Performance Primers

Our primary goal is to support the highest quality ammunition provided by these two factories under the TULAMMO brand. We expect nothing but the best during the performance of our ammunition products. To order TULAMMO products, and for any questions about TULAMMO, please contact us at 888-317-5810. We also can be reached via email at info@tulammousa.com.

Thank you,

TULAMMO USA

All you have to do is read the stamp on the package - the Wolf Military Classic and TulAmmo 124 Grain Hollow point both state that they are made at the Uly factory.

I took apart a TulAmmo 124 HP round and it does appear to be the Sapsan 8m3 bullet. The only issue is that it goes for about $5.50 a box at my local Sportsmans Warehouse where I used to get the Wolf Military Classic for around $4 a box online and at gunshows.

• 4 weeks later...

29xt7y9.jpg

I got ahold of some Tula 122 gr hp , sorry no 124 gr Tula in my area yet. I compared it to an old Wolf 122 gr laquered cartridge, Mil Classic 8m3, and 1990s Uly Blue Label 8m3. I also did a needle probe and the Tula has the prefail cuts. I also did a depth comarison.

• 1 month later...