KVAR 5.56 Circle 10 N vs NC Magazine Question

Does anyone know if there is any construction difference between the N, the Opaque magazines from Kvar, vs the NC, the Clear magazines. I'm just wondering if one is better than the other. I know about some batch they had a long while ago that was sub-par in the clears, but I'm wondering if there is any advantage of one vs the other, durability wise.

I thought the clear ones were not reinforced as well as the black ones. I would buy the black ones personally.

You can literally park your car on top of the clear (green) mags on pavement. If they can survive that torture test they are good enough for me....

I thought the clear ones were not reinforced as well as the black ones. I would buy the black ones personally.

You can literally park your car on top of the clear (green) mags on pavement. If they can survive that torture test they are good enough for me....

Thanks Cobra, I stand corrected!

Hi Guys!

The clear mags don't have the reinforcements on the spine or the lips, only on the two parts that actually lock into your weapon (which are the most important reinforcements anyways). That being said, the polymer on these mags is just as high quality as on all other magazines and it will meet or exceed all mill specs. I did hear that there were once some problems with the polymer on these, but it has been several years since I last heard of somebody having a similar problem.

Hope that helps =)

Michelle Isom

K-Var Customer Serivce

K-Var Corp

702-364-8880 Option 2

customerservice@k-var.com

Hi Guys!

The clear mags don't have the reinforcements on the spine or the lips, only on the two parts that actually lock into your weapon (which are the most important reinforcements anyways). That being said, the polymer on these mags is just as high quality as on all other magazines and it will meet or exceed all mill specs. I did hear that there were once some problems with the polymer on these, but it has been several years since I last heard of somebody having a similar problem.

Hope that helps =)

Michelle Isom

K-Var Customer Serivce

K-Var Corp

702-364-8880 Option 2

customerservice@k-var.com

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm assuming then that the M-74NC20 magazines will work with a 5.56 Saiga without modification (other than a bullet guide) - is that correct?

Yes they will work flawlessly I have 2 that remain loaded at all times and they are built tough. You will need to file the front shelfs down near the bullet guide and file some of the interdiction tab away for a solid fit. After that they are gonna be some of your favorite mags.

Edited by 7.62x39mm