8 rounders IN STOCK @ Rusmilitary

I may be ignorant, but what is with the high demand for the 8rders? Is it just because of ergos of the 10 and 12 rders are too long and cumbersome?? Especially with the high dollar tag associated with these guys im struggling to get the point. Dont get me wrong I would love to have one, but ordering anything from Russia firearm related seems to be a total lottery.

I also noticed that SGM makes 8 rders, but no one seems to care about those?

I may be ignorant, but what is with the high demand for the 8rders? Is it just because of ergos of the 10 and 12 rders are too long and cumbersome?? Especially with the high dollar tag associated with these guys im struggling to get the point. Dont get me wrong I would love to have one, but ordering anything from Russia firearm related seems to be a total lottery.

The russian mags are supposed to be the most reliable, plus original parts have more value unless aftermarket options are better. SGM eight round mags are a good alternative, I like the APG mags just fine until I become a rich man my most expensive mag is my MD drum. Funny thing is my russian 5 round that cam with the gun has more failures attributed to it than my APG 10 rounders. Rounds hang up in the upper mag body of my factory 5 and SGM 10 nothing that I couldn't sand to make perfect, its definately the rear metal reinforcement of the factory five, its a little rough and the back of the shell hangs on it.

Russian factory mags are better, but I don't think they're worth what is being asked for them currently

I am new to the forum and was excited to get the news out. Sorry for the mistake.

Since your new you do it like this "Rusmilitary.com and factory 8rd'er in stock" you can put the website of a non-business member just not a link. I am sure it was just a newbie mistake, no harm no foul.

There's "The best", and then there's "pretty good". If you're not using your gun for defense then "pretty good" might be good enough. But if you are, which one would you rather have? For me, it's a no-brainer. Yes I think the price is high, but I don't think it's outrageous. I'll bet each one of us can point to far less important things that we've spent a lot more money on. The bottom line is...they cost what they cost and to get them you have to pay.

Should of done this is one post but it is my first daybiggrin.png . The appeal of the factory 8rd'ers is that they are russian, and they have metal feed lips (like the AGP's) and also have metal locking lugs and a reinforcment in the back rib. I have never had a FTF or FTE in any of my S-12's factory mags. I got 7 8rd'ers and over 20 of the 5rd'ers and to be fair I also got a pile of AGP's and never had a problem with them either I just like having factory mag for my guns. The only thing I can tell you is to buy one and you will understand what I mean. To be fair 4 of my 8rd'ers are magwell mags for my wifes gun and while there are ways to modifiy the US mags to use a US made magwell and there are some nice US made magwells (R&R is my favorite) when it comes to HD for my wife and daughter there is no price to great for there protection and I will only buy the best there is, no matter the cost.

Edited by SCHULTZE
  • Like 1

I did the pounds conversion and thought it was a little high for a mag. As far as $600 for some rear sets. You guys say Harley shit is expensive. I assume you ment for the Gixxer in your pic.

Edited by rnemhrd

I did the pounds conversion and thought it was a little high for a mag. As far as $600 for some rear sets. You guys say Harley shit is expensive. I assume you ment for the Gixxer in your pic.

Hahha yep! well not this one, the bike in my avatar is my street bike. I have another gixxer that is used for track duty. I noticed lots of guys on here are also big Sportbike fans too.

Edited by SDRider

and CSSpecs has steel mags in the works for the s12. I realize that others have promised before, but they just made good mags for the 20. That makes thier proposition much more credible.

I suspect some that "worry" about the Russian hi capacity magazines have never held or seen one in person. They are tough as shit and worth the cost in my opinion. Go pick up a Russian polymer 5.45 magazine built in the 70s, they're still the best built, toughest polymer magazines made to date, which is why they're still rocking 25+ years later.

• Like 1

xacex, nothing to "worry" about. there is hardly a temperature besides alaska that is comparable with the siberian winter. Twentynizzo, you are right. mostly noobs. OEM is the preferred way to me. Especially the sheer badassity of the Izhmash logo on there.

• Like 1

I don't have a personal opinion on the quality of the russian mags. I would point out that they are no longer in stock.

I can't justify purchasing one when the US ones seem good. I know problems have occured with all the US brands, but I suspect that if the Russian mags were equally prolific we would see problems with them too. The other thing is the strong cognitive bias to convince yourself that your inflated purchase price was worthwhile.

For the guy concerned about cold weather in alaska, I would point out that most of Alaska is wet alot of the time, and that plastic is better in the wet than steel. It also isn't a heatsink every time you touch it and it doesn't cause massive condensation like metal. On my family's fishing boats in AK, anything steel would condense water constantly and rust out rapidly, even if not exposed directly to spray. That is part of why most people I know preferred revolvers to autopistols on the boats. Revolvers never get rust inside the magazine to gum up the works. Metal mags are also vulnerable to malfunction due to dents, which would either visibly shatter a plastic mag or bounce and leave no damage. There are somewhat less likely to have surprise failures.

I don't have a personal opinion on the quality of the russian mags. I would point out that they are no longer in stock.

I can't justify purchasing one when the US ones seem good. I know problems have occured with all the US brands, but I suspect that if the Russian mags were equally prolific we would see problems with them too. The other thing is the strong cognitive bias to convince yourself that your inflated purchase price was worthwhile.

For the guy concerned about cold weather in alaska, I would point out that most of Alaska is wet alot of the time, and that plastic is better in the wet than steel. It also isn't a heatsink every time you touch it and it doesn't cause massive condensation like metal. On my family's fishing boats in AK, anything steel would condense water constantly and rust out rapidly, even if not exposed directly to spray. That is part of why most people I know preferred revolvers to autopistols on the boats. Revolvers never get rust inside the magazine to gum up the works. Metal mags are also vulnerable to malfunction due to dents, which would either visibly shatter a plastic mag or bounce and leave no damage. There are somewhat less likely to have surprise failures.

The other thing is the strong cognitive bias to convince yourself that the purchase price is not worth it because you can't afford it (nothing wrong with that, I've been there), or you can afford it, but are too cheap to buy.

• Like 1
I don't have a personal opinion on the quality of the russian mags. I would point out that they are no longer in stock. I can't justify purchasing one when the US ones seem good. I know problems have occured with all the US brands, but I suspect that if the Russian mags were equally prolific we would see problems with them too. The other thing is the strong cognitive bias to convince yourself that your inflated purchase price was worthwhile. For the guy concerned about cold weather in alaska, I would point out that most of Alaska is wet alot of the time, and that plastic is better in the wet than steel. It also isn't a heatsink every time you touch it and it doesn't cause massive condensation like metal. On my family's fishing boats in AK, anything steel would condense water constantly and rust out rapidly, even if not exposed directly to spray. That is part of why most people I know preferred revolvers to autopistols on the boats. Revolvers never get rust inside the magazine to gum up the works. Metal mags are also vulnerable to malfunction due to dents, which would either visibly shatter a plastic mag or bounce and leave no damage. There are somewhat less likely to have surprise failures.
The other thing is the strong cognitive bias to convince yourself that the purchase price is not worth it because you can't afford it (nothing wrong with that, I've been there), or you can afford it, but are too cheap to buy.

Yes, there is that. smile.png