8 rounders IN STOCK @ Rusmilitary

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to buy some stuff on rusmilitary.com right now. At no point in the process up until they want your credit card number do they tell you what the final price is in US dollars. I know how to convert pounds to dollars but I would still like to see it stated there before I give them my money. Am I supposed to just trust them to do an accurate conversion, or did I miss something?

Yep DogMan, you just trust em. I have ordered form them quite a few times and they have always been accurate in the conversion. They do it daily. smile.png

Thanks, I've got no problem with that as long as they have a solid reputation.

I just pulled the trigger on ten of the Vepr-12 mags. These are for future use because I don't have any magwell shotguns yet. Hopefully one day they will actually go in a Vepr-12 and if not, at least an 030 simulation.

• Like 1

I just pulled the trigger on ten of the Vepr-12 mags. These are for future use because I don't have any magwell shotguns yet. Hopefully one day they will actually go in a Vepr-12 and if not, at least an 030 simulation.

Nothing like spending more on the mags then on the gun. Strong fucking work my friend!

• Like 1

talk about trusting Rusmilitary, i gave them my credit card number and all, out came the automatically-generated electronic receipt. three days later, still no response from them as to status of my order so i contact them via email. they told me they do not accept credit card payments from the Philippines because most of the fraudulent credit card transactions come from the EAST. So i ask them how can i buy from them and they told me to transfer the amount via Western Union under Oleg's name. Talk about trust. Bottom line though, Oleg delivered, albeit after over 3 months of agonizing wait. Yes they (Oleg/rusmil) can be trusted.

they delivered when not a single US vendor would transact with me.

• Like 1

You can buy a vepr-12 magwell and install it to a stock saiga, i am sure they are compartible. Vepr's mags are the best. Only sad thing that you can't use us-made drums with that magwell.

I stick with 10 rounders. The rusky 8 rounders look real nice and I keep hearing that they're more reliable, but shells come in multiples of five and I hate having left over shells lol ;). Also I don't think +2 in the 12 rounders is worth extra 10 or more bucks...and then you end up with three left shells in the box between mags hahaha.

You can buy a vepr-12 magwell and install it to a stock saiga, i am sure they are compartible. Vepr's mags are the best. Only sad thing that you can't use us-made drums with that magwell.

I was actually going to order one or two magwells from rusmilitary along with the mags but they were sold out. mad.gif If you know of any other sources, I am looking for those and an SVDS folding stock.

Also, I have never considered it a really bad thing that you can't use the drums with the magwells. I think the drums would hang down too far out of a magwell anyway and also quick reloading is not as much of and issue when you are starting out with 20 rounds. I will always have one or two non-magwell Saigas for my drums.

Edited by DogMan

I don't have a personal opinion on the quality of the russian mags. I would point out that they are no longer in stock.

I can't justify purchasing one when the US ones seem good. I know problems have occured with all the US brands, but I suspect that if the Russian mags were equally prolific we would see problems with them too. The other thing is the strong cognitive bias to convince yourself that your inflated purchase price was worthwhile.

For the guy concerned about cold weather in alaska, I would point out that most of Alaska is wet alot of the time, and that plastic is better in the wet than steel. It also isn't a heatsink every time you touch it and it doesn't cause massive condensation like metal. On my family's fishing boats in AK, anything steel would condense water constantly and rust out rapidly, even if not exposed directly to spray. That is part of why most people I know preferred revolvers to autopistols on the boats. Revolvers never get rust inside the magazine to gum up the works. Metal mags are also vulnerable to malfunction due to dents, which would either visibly shatter a plastic mag or bounce and leave no damage. There are somewhat less likely to have surprise failures.

The other thing is the strong cognitive bias to convince yourself that the purchase price is not worth it because you can't afford it (nothing wrong with that, I've been there), or you can afford it, but are too cheap to buy.

or that you will be out of compliance with 922r if you use russian magazines

I was actually going to order one or two magwells from rusmilitary along with the mags but they were sold out. mad.gif If you know of any other sources, I am looking for those and an SVDS folding stock.

Vepr metal magwell (recommend use this instead of stock plastic magwell) 1500R ~= $50

http://shooters-shop...mart/Itemid,36/

US number +1 (347) 257-97-82, email orders@shooters-shop.ru

Edited by PeterIvanov
  • 4 weeks later...