$499.........About time

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ClassicArms has S12's for $499. That's the price I got mine at a year and a half ago! Yoo Hooo!

Wonder who the first jackass will be to start selling "preban siaga 12 with scope rails" at ridiculous inflated prices?

Maybe they will have a contest and evil can win 2 or 3 of them

That is a great price. We paid more than that for the ones we were selling in the last few months. Looks like the new shipment that came in last week are much cheaper and you should see everyone with prices like that.

We have rails for $10 if you want one? http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-169/saiga-ak47-rail-side/Detail?sfs=eb772667

i have been waiting for this for awhile glad to see things getting back to somewhat normal. i know where part of my tax refund is going towards! yeah i could care less about the rail ill just spend another 40 with CSS for the beryl rail. thas what is on my S-308. hell ship with non threaded barrels too if it drives the price down!

If prices are coming down... I may have to get one of the new models that Legion has coming in! Very nice!

As for inflated "pre-ban" prices, There is a converted Saiga 12 on armslist priced at $1300 right now...

There's a gun show close to me this weekend. I may go carry it around for a bit. Maybe I'll get a ridiculously high offer for it. lol!

So I'm guessing now would be a really good time to get in on a S12?

I was kinda in the - next month or two area on getting one. Do you guys think they will shoot back up to $700 by then? Or start coming without rails and threaded barrels or other "evil" features?

I've been putting off the S12 purchase for about 2 years now to work on other gun projects. It's top of the list now, I'm just kinda broke due to holidays and such. But if you guys really think this is a narrow window. I'll find a way to get in.

Oh, and hi! I'm new here. Pretty well versed in AK. Not so well versed in S12.

I was kinda in the - next month or two area on getting one. Do you guys think they will shoot back up to $700 by then? Or start coming without rails and threaded barrels or other "evil" features?

I've been putting off the S12 purchase for about 2 years now to work on other gun projects. It's top of the list now, I'm just kinda broke due to holidays and such. But if you guys really think this is a narrow window. I'll find a way to get in.

If this thread tells you anything its that we have no clue what prices are going to do.

Get one when you can afford it, at the price they are selling at.

I still don't regret buying my last one at $650.

If this thread tells you anything its that we have no clue what prices are going to do.

Get one when you can afford it, at the price they are selling at.

I still don't regret buying my last one at $650.

I understand. But I did do some reading on classic's site thanks to the link provided here. Where they kind of explained what was going on with Saiga's. When I saw them get down to $299 or less... in some of the flyers I get bombed with. I honestly almost made a mud baby in my pants on the way to my still smoking credit card to order like 3 of them. Who can't use another AK or 5? At that price, I can convert them as I have time. But I held off and said no - Saiga 12 this time. I do agree with you about just getting it when you can. I did that with my AMD 65 in '08. Paid $150 more than you can get one for now. But I don't love it less. I looked at it like, well... I can live without the $150 I'm getting upcharged. I'm not going to be happy if this stuff all turns into vaporware and I put this perfect gun back on the rack. So I bought it.

Guess I'll keep an eye on them and try to prepare in case I need to jump.

I just remember how nice it felt when I WAS prepared and DID jump on the PSL's when they were being imported for $500. Romanian built rifles... with scopes... matching #'s... with mags... etc. And then watched as the market imploded and even the slap together builds were going for $800...

Edited by Asmodeus

I ordered one first thing this morning. They are about a week out, so I am probably looking at 2 weeks before it will be in hand for review.

My "pre ban" Saiga 12 should be here soon as well and I will have 2- 2011 Pre and post ban to compare. Other than no scope rail, I am very curious about where else they may be trying to save a buck.

• Like 1

So looking forward to that review, evl!

I doubt that there will be much other than the rail, based on the limited info from Classic's site. They already started saving by using the plastic barrel nut. It seems that they are also trying to avoid loosing so much via warranty service by actually trying to improve reliability (barrel hood, ports, etc.). Could it be possible that the best factory Saiga 12s ever are here now? With prices coming back down as well, could this be "the golden age" of the Saiga 12? If it is.... I'm There!

I'm really glade I paid $650 out the door last month for my re-marked "pre-ban" S-12 last month. It's only money.....lol. I don't have a use for the side rail and would rather have bought & converted a new model. Buy high and live w/ it forever, I guess that is my new motto!

Edited by Iceberg
  • 2 weeks later...

I ordered one first thing this morning. ETA: DECEMBER 2 They are about a week out, so I am probably looking at 2 weeks before it will be in hand for review.

My "pre ban" Saiga 12 should be here soon as well and I will have 2- 2011 Pre and post ban to compare. Other than no scope rail, I am very curious about where else they may be trying to save a buck.

Still no Saiga 12 from Classic. If they don't know when the weapons will be in stock, why not just be honest about it and say so? Instead, they fear losing the sale and tell us what they think we want to hear (they will be here in a week). Annoying.... and they are not doing a very good job of redeeming themselves. The last time I ordered from them was seriously a 3 month long nightmare of returning weapons.

Anyone know where else I can get a 2011 S12 with no scope rail for $499 plus $25 shipping? I'm getting tired of waiting and will certainly cancel my order if I find that deal somewhere else. I have a bunch of people driving me crazy about having a shoot and I'm getting tired of putting it off.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

I ordered one first thing this morning. ETA: DECEMBER 2 They are about a week out, so I am probably looking at 2 weeks before it will be in hand for review.

Still no Saiga 12 from Classic. If they don't know when the weapons will be in stock, why not just be honest about it and say so? Instead, they fear losing the sale and tell us what they think we want to hear (they will be here in a week). Annoying.... and they are not doing a very good job of redeeming themselves. The last time I ordered from them was seriously a 3 month long nightmare of returning weapons.

Anyone know where else I can get a 2011 S12 with no scope rail for $499 plus $25 shipping? I'm getting tired of waiting and will certainly cancel my order if I find that deal somewhere else. I have a bunch of people driving me crazy about having a shoot and I'm getting tired of putting it off.

Tac 47 had a few in stock yesterday for around the same price as Classic.

Miss Auto sent out a preorder special just a few hours ago

Saiga 12 Preorder Sale ($515 for 1 or $499 for 2+) - Mississippi Auto Arms

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/saiga-12-gauge-shotgun-19-barrel-izhmash-preorder-p-2705.html

I got that email too. They do not have them in stock, so I'll likely wait just as long for them to get one in my hands as Classic Arms. It will be about $10 more with shipping at MAA as well.

I talked to Classic today and they said the guns are being held up at customs and they should be in next week. Thats what they told me last week too. I've already got my conversion stuff in so I'm about ready for this thing to show up. I guess for 500 bucks I'll be a little patient, but not too patient. I ordered mine the first day they advertised for 500. Been going on 3 weeks now

Damn I can't decide. Another Saiga, a Glock, or a CETME. This is a great deal.

Get another S12 while they are cheap.

I talked to Classic today and they said the guns are being held up at customs and they should be in next week. Thats what they told me last week too. I've already got my conversion stuff in so I'm about ready for this thing to show up. I guess for 500 bucks I'll be a little patient, but not too patient. I ordered mine the first day they advertised for 500. Been going on 3 weeks now

It is hard to be patient. I have an S12 sitting at my dealer already and I can't get it until the other one arrives. I do quite a bit of business with them and I can transfer multiple weapons for the price of one if they are all done at the same time. I like spending money, but I like saving money even better ;)

• Like 1