Hey guys, i tried to do a serch for this but you guys use the word conversion to much

i am from the hk94.com fourms and was wondering if i could get some info about converting my saiga where to get it done cause i  really dont think i could do it my self

You can do it. I did and I am not a highly mechanical type. So have alot of other guys here that are not engineers or gunsmiths. Just follow these steps and save yourself alot of cash.

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/

Wolverine

yea  i have seen that before and i also thought then that i couldnt do it.

thanks tho

Spaz,

You could contact BattleRifleG3 on this board and see what he wants to do it or Dave at Elite Firearms. Elite does this as a business and Dave is registered on this forum. There are also others on the high end who do great work such as Krebs.

http://www.krebscustom.com/

Also a very talented guy who frequents this board and does high end custom work......especially on the S-12 is Tony R.

So you have a number of people and price ranges depending on what you want to do.

Wolverine

I don't have an FFL, all I can do is walk you through it.  Only way I think I could convert professionally is if I worked within an existing smithing business in my area.  If you found one willing to work like that I'd be open to the idea.  But those other folks have good reps too.

My mistake BRG3. I thought you were offering to work on some members .308 trunions to accommodate 20 round mags as a business proposition so were in a position to covert rifles as well. Thanks for the straight steer.

Wolverine

spaz, If it's cutting the reciver you are afraid to do (like me) just pop of the receiver cover and look in the receiver to see if the holes are already there. if they are, the conversion is super easy, drill a couple rivets, paint, and then everything basically drops right in. thats what finally got me to do mine.

ok i got a good drill and a dremel (with pen snake tool) so i guess i am going to give this a try

how much should all the parts cost me and is there a kit i can get? or 1 place that sales everything

i'm dumb sorry

i got all my parts for my x39 conversion from midwestarmory.com. i got a six position collapsible stock, SAW style pistol grip, and a G2 FCG all shipped for less than $100. i think right now he is running a sale on those items so you can save even more. Midwestarmory is a member of this board and im sure would answer any questions you have

one more thing... i put off doing my conversion for a long time cause i was worried i would mess something up, or wouldnt be able to get it back together working correctly. Dont sweat it man! Once you get started it really does kind of push itself along. If you do run in to any snags, there are a lot of guys here who could almost do a conversion blindfolded and are more than willing to help out in any way possible. GOOD LUCK and happy converting

HOOP

I got my parts from Tapco and K-Var

Shopping list:

$49.99 Tapco G2 FCG and retaining plate the plat e is way easier than using the spring method to retain the FCG pins.

Get either a Regular $9.99 Black Pistol Grip or one of the $24.99 FAL Style PGs. Be sure to get a Grip Screw And Bushing too!

For stocks you can get a $59.99 Tapco Folder or you can get one of K-Vars Fixed stocks for around $39.99-$49.99, be sure to get one that fits a stamped revceiver.

Is it just me, or do we all seem to get excited when someone decides to convert their gun?

Edited by SaigaShooter

Git er done! The worst part about doing the conversion is wishing you had 10 more to do right behind it! The best part is if you get in a jam there are cool people here that don't mind answering "dumb" questions.

Spaz,

One option is to put an Ultimak gas tube rail on. I have one on my Saiga conversion posted in the photo gallery. It is solid and comes either with or without vent holes. This permits installing a fast aquisition sight system such as a red dot. I believe Bvamp did this to his SAR first. I liked the idea and did the same except I also added the under rail which is pretty expensive but gives a nice tactical look and options.

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?...products_id=200

http://www.ultimak.com/buy.htm

Wolverine

7.62.b__Medium_.jpg

ultimak.a.jpg

ultimak.2.jpg

Edited by Wolverine

spaz, having the red dot or other sight out front like that gives you wicked fast target pickup if you shoot dynamically, or plan to hunt close in running targets like the locals do where I am up north.