Been shopping for a S-12....

So I've been shopping around for a Saiga 12 for a couple of months now. Looked online, gun shows (Central Texas) and local gun shops.

Went to a gun show in San Antonio (Not SAXET) back in October and found two vendors selling stock Saiga 12s for $699 plus tax.

Went to the SAXET show in Austin last month and found one Saiga 12 for $585 cash or $603 credit. Another vendor had some already converted but said at their store in Buda they sell the stock ones for $675 + tax.

So yesterday after presenting my financial plan to our CFO (Wife) and getting a grudgingly ok, we went to the SAXET again in San Antonio and also two local stores (One on the west side of San Antonio and another here in New Braunfels) to see what we could find.

Went to the local store here and although he didn't have any in stock, said he could order me one and quoted me a price of $650 out the door.

Went to a local store on the west side of San Antonio and their price is $750 + tax for a stock S-12.

At the SAXET show, I found 3 Saiga 12s. Two of them were $750. The 3rd vendor was $589 + tax, cash only. I was very tempted, but my wife and I did not like his attitude so we walked away from the deal.

So I went back to my local store and ordered one from them. I compared the numbers against the prices on ClassicArms and with shipping and FFL transfer, local vs online was in the same ballpark so I decided to support the local team.

That is my story and I'm sticking to it. Now I just have to wait a couple more days.....hope the wife doesn't turn in into a Christmas present.

Allen

ummm, congrats?

So you are going to pay $100-200 more to purchase locally?

$499 is a steal compared to what people are charging locally here.600-750+ OTD for something I can just pay the store $25 dollars, and get $150-200 cheaper is ridiculous. That's enough for the conversion.

ummm, congrats?

$499 is a steal compared to what people are charging locally here.600-750+ OTD for something I can just pay the store $25 dollars, and get $150-200 cheaper is ridiculous. That's enough for the conversion.

you get to take the gun apart and check everything out when buying local (Vodka special, anyone?)....

ummm, congrats?

$499 at ClassicArms is a great deal but unfortunately they don't actually have them in stock and based on another thread here, they are 2 weeks out from receiving and shipping them out.

Plus I want the side rail so I compared the numbers against the $599 one from Classic. I paid $613 OTD going with the local shop.

Cool, when I read your post that had 650-750 OTD locally, I figured might as well go with Classic.$613 is not bad. My CFO would never let me hear the end of it, if I did not get it from the cheapest place. Have fun with your new baby. Get a bottle of Tylenol, I'm sure you'll need it for the nice bruise your going to receive the first day when you put 100+ rounds through it.