Promag 410 drums are in.

Has anybody tried loading/cycling Winchester 000 buck yet?

???????????

I'm going to be picking one of these up if it will hold defensive rounds. Anybody tried any Buck/Slugs/PDx or any other HD rounds.

I don't want to pick it up, only to find out it will only hold a few brands of game/target shot. Don't have much use for 30 rounds when I'm hunting grouse

Ran 30 rounds of Federal 410 Handgun 000 3" Buck through my drum this morning. Singles, double tap and 15 round fast fire without a problem. Very easy to load with the loader. Did not make the gun too heavy or bother the balance. Felt recoil seemed less than box mag.because of the weight.

• Like 2

How much side to side play do you guys have? I have a ton of mag wobble in my SGL-41. (slight fore & aft and lots of side to side

Haven't cycled it much yet as I didn't get the loading tool. Called ProMag today and they have one on the way

Some side to side movement if I wiggle it by hand but it does not really wiggle when I handle the gun. Did not effect operation at all and I really didn't think about it again till you mentioned it. Thing is a b_tch to load without the loader. Very easy with it. I got mine from Promag also. It took about a week.

I read somewhere that someone had added some plastic to the side to take up the wiggle. I'm just going to re-forget that it is there.

Yeah, I have alot of side to side movement if I just tip the gun side to side (1/4"?) My Promag 12 round 12G drum was tight as heck and I needed to file the catch area.

So far everything fits except 3" Golden Bear and # 4 Federal Hi-Brass. I'm currently out of Super X 000 right now

I picked up a 10 rnd box of the PDX1 in the 2 1/2" and they hand fed from the drum just fine. They may close enough in length to work. I hope to get out to the range next week to test how they cycle.

Wow, that would be great ammo to fill a drum with, and wouldn't quite break the bank like the 3" stuff. Let us know how it goes.