vepr 7.62......

wondering if the factory saiga 7.62 10 rd mags will work in the 7.62 vepr? don't really want to convert this as it will be a varmit control rifle, mostly shooting from portable bench and prone.....anybody know if these will work? unsure.png

I can't document my source but I seem to recall reading somewhere that Veprs use their own single stack mags and were not easily ( if at all ) convertable to take other mags.... That info is why I quit looking at them alltogether, FANTASTIC quality rifles assumeing your looking for a single hunting rifle or what have ya, but to work one into the rest of my collection of other AKs eventually replaceing them with better quality overall... not gonna happon, not as they stand currently anyway

I have been wrong before.... I will be wrong again.... I might be wrong now....

They use double stack mags much like the Saiga.. Odds are a little file work would make a Saiga mag work in a vepr. They need a bullet guide to use AK mags.

I make 20 round mags for the .308, its a double stack as well. The vepr .308 mags are not the same as Saiga .308 mags, the vepr is closer to a Galil .308 then a saiga.

The only vepr that uses a single stack is the 7.62x54r.

7.62/54, thats the one i was looking at to kinda build a poor mans SVD and why i had that stuck in my head..... sorry for the bad info then boss, I've never even looked at another Vepr, just kinda assumed they all ran singles.....hummmm.....

well, thats good news for you at least! =o)

They use double stack mags much like the Saiga.. Odds are a little file work would make a Saiga mag work in a vepr. They need a bullet guide to use AK mags.

I make 20 round mags for the .308, its a double stack as well. The vepr .308 mags are not the same as Saiga .308 mags, the vepr is closer to a Galil .308 then a saiga.

The only vepr that uses a single stack is the 7.62x54r.

thanks for the info. i was thinking it was possible as the two mags look identical which in turn makes the mags more abundant as far as keeping it unconverted. as said before this rifle is for varmit control so really no need for higher cap mags. got the other 2 converted (7.62, 5.45) saiga's for when more fire power is needed. 000.gif