CNCWarrior/Bonesteel Night Brake, anyone bought one?

24239-1_LG.jpg

http://www.cncwarrio...ak-night-brake/

http://www.bonesteel...e-CNC-24239.htm

Design is VERY similar to AAC's brakeout comp:

http://www.advanced-...ct.aspx?pid=682

I don't care who came up with the idea. Just want to know how it stacks up to the FSC47. $35 compared to $95 is a big difference.

Edited by jamesavery22

I have one on my RPK, but she's so damn heavy I can't tell much difference in the recoil with or without... I can move it to the smaller rifle that has the FSC on it now and do a side by side if your interested. Might take me a little while to get to the range and get it done though, christmas is not a good time of the year to be sneaking off in the woods with guns.....

unless I'm draging the inlaws behind me............010.gif

015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif

• Like 1

I have one on my RPK, but she's so damn heavy I can't tell much difference in the recoil with or without... I can move it to the smaller rifle that has the FSC on it now and do a side by side if your interested. Might take me a little while to get to the range and get it done though, christmas is not a good time of the year to be sneaking off in the woods with guns.....

unless I'm draging the inlaws behind me............010.gif

015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif015.gif

Yea, my inlaws are stupid assholes too, and my wife actually agrees with me.

Troll, if you could do a side by side against the FSC that would be AMAZING!!!!! I would love to buy this but I cant find much info on it at all, except info that Im not sure I can trust. Saving 60bucks on a brake that works as well as the FSC would be great, but obviously im skeptical.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bump for interest.

I ordered one too. Want to know if the ports defeat the purpose of the flash hider portion.

It won't defeat the flash hider... It will definitely have more flash than a prong only design. Everything in life is a balance... If you want to be completely on the side of flash hiding only then this muzzle attachment is not for you.

I will be doing a head-to-head test of the Bonesteel device against the FSC47 - and I will post the results on my blog.

The testing format will be like this: http://tireironscorn...cuss-flash.html

cheers

tire iron

Wish I had access to a space to shoot like you do. If I was close I'd be your camera man and bring the EX-F1 :)

High speed cameras would be the way to go. One would still have to contend with the human element to accurately measure recoil and muzzle rise, but a higher frame rate would be just the trick. I've also suspected that a still photo taken using an open shutter would be a good way of measuring flash after dark.

Edited by DrThunder88
  • 2 weeks later...

Pros:

Recoil reduction

Less muzzle flip

Cons:

Flash reduction

I shot 10rds of Wolf MC/HP this evening. Every few shots it throws a big fireball out the right side. I think it's likely on par with the perfomance and flash signature of a 74 brake. Wolf is flashy tho, so maybe I'll try some golden tiger tomorrow evening.

So yeah, the brake ports totally defeat the purpose of the tongs. It could be 1/3 the length and work just as well. But hey, at least it looks cool on my HK-ish saiga and I can rip off double taps while staying on target.

Edited by SKSphreak