I need some spare Glock 17 mags and I don't want to spend $25 each mag. My work requires me to qualify every 3 months and we abuse our equipment in training. My mags get dropped in dirt, stepped on, tossed etc. I would like to have some inexpensive mags to screw up and not use my duty mags. So, my question is, how reliable are the KCI brand?

No worries on KCI. Fit function all flawless for std sizes. However in the larger 33rounders I've seen about a 50% success rate for the non-factory mags in my Glock carbine (they all work fine in my G17). The springs in the large ones are a little too week.

The general consensus seems to be "Fine for range use, but I wouldn't use them for carry or SD/HD".

For range mags, you can't really beat $6 mags. For carry, I'd personally stick with factory mags. That's just me, though. I don't have any of these knock-off mags yet, but plan on picking some up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have some 15 and 33 rounders for my Glock 19. When new, they did gave a few rough edges and a little excess composite material at the top, which looked like it might cause some issues if not addressed. I spent a few minutes on each one with an exacto knife and needle file, and they work flawless now. Mine are metal lined, I heard some earlier ones may not have been.

Got mine on sale about 18 mos ago at CTD. 15 rounders came 2 in a decent mag pouch for $9.99 at the time, 33 rounders a little more. I like them.